The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Sidneyy12
Guys, do you think using predictions from websites like loopa are effective/alright/acceptable?
They have seemed to be quite accurate, and my thinking was that this was the final year and so they may have pulled a wild card and done like last years essays or something, but I think less of that happening now as the psya2 (unit 2) predictions were accurate and things came up that people predicted?
Thoughts?

Theyre not gonna replicate a whole paper... But seen as the spec is fading out now I would expect the unusual for gender especially!

Loopa has been spot on in the past... But I have such a gut feeling that Kohlberg is gonna turn up :/
Reply 1581
Original post by evekay
OKAY I FEEL LIKE I'VE OVERCOME THE MENTAL BLOCK I WAS HAVING

so basically yesterday i sat down and did my self a revision timetable (hear me out). I made it really specific and basically just covered the next week and a half. So, I went on excel and I put the days of the week down the side and along the top I put the times of day, starting from half 9am with revision in half an hour slots with 10 minute breaks, and then an hour break during the day for lunch or whatever.

for each essay i need to memorise, i gave my self two slots (equivalent to an hour, 10 minute break inbetween) and in that time i will first write out the essay to get myself familiar with it. i will then go through and highlight key bits. then i will create one flash card which summarises the essay, and that will be it. i've also recorded myself speaking the essays aloud and i am gunna listen to them a few times a day. if you do this you'll have enough time! i'm finding it ok today and i'm on track so far..

obviously everyone is different but this seems to be doing the trick for me! Also, if you think information isn't going in, just hope it'll all come back to you in the exam! (I'm kind of relying on that too lol). Good luck!:smile:

That's exactly what I've been doing! Works soooo well!
Original post by NHM
Theyre not gonna replicate a whole paper... But seen as the spec is fading out now I would expect the unusual for gender especially!

Loopa has been spot on in the past... But I have such a gut feeling that Kohlberg is gonna turn up :/

Kohlberg only came up last in 2013...

Also the papers will have been written a couple of years ago in advance. Plus it's not the last exam
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NHM

Why would you expect the unusual?
You can deffo use that, and it cuts down how many studies you need to learn. I'm using them both too!!!
Reply 1585
Original post by TMC113

It's probably just me being anxious about it :/
Original post by NHM
That's exactly what I've been doing! Works soooo well!

WOOO:dancing2:
Original post by Bailey2j09
Yes it can - i've done this in class, here is my essay got 19/24 - gives you some idea

Thank you very much!
Hey you're doing relationships and aggression right?
Can you help me out?

So in relationships (sexual selection) I use Buss' research who found over 6 continents 37 cultures and used 10,000 participants how men prefer young attractive women and women prefer men with resources and ambitious minds.

He also did a study which i use for Infidelity and Jealousy (aggression) where women fear emotional infidelity whereas men fear sexual infidelity. I was thinking can i use this research in the sexual selection essay by analysing by saying, it supports Darwin's theory as women fear loosing the resources in which helps her survive, whereas male fear losing his chance of spreading his genes, which supports the idea behind what men and women look for to reproduce?
for each topic, are people learning just the 24 markers or do you also learn a 12 marker and 4 marker variation of each essay? Im not sure what to do because im learning all of mine in 24 mark formats which means I would have to improvise on the spot if they came up as a 4 or 12 marker :L
Original post by toetothunder
for each topic, are people learning just the 24 markers or do you also learn a 12 marker and 4 marker variation of each essay? Im not sure what to do because im learning all of mine in 24 mark formats which means I would have to improvise on the spot if they came up as a 4 or 12 marker :L

Memorising a 24 marker should make it easier. If it's a 4+8 essay then literally halve your essay into the main research etc. Since you've memorised the outline for every essay already, it should be fine if they ask you to outline something I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
for sleep, does anyone have enough material to do an entire essay on lifespan changes in sleep? bc loopa predicted it but i hardly have any researchers to use..
Original post by NHM
It's probably just me being anxious about it :/
I think if they were going to do anything weird, they'd do it in the experimental stage at the start of the spec. I have a feeling about Kohlberg too
Original post by TMC113

Omg if kohlberg comes up I will literally cry on my paper. I can't seem to write an essay on it and nobody will help me out :frown: I understand the gender schema one tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brown_eyes
Omg if kohlberg comes up I will literally cry on my paper. I can't seem to write an essay on it and nobody will help me out :frown: I understand the gender schema one tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's confusing you?
Original post by Naveed Rahman
Hey you're doing relationships and aggression right?
Can you help me out?

So in relationships (sexual selection) I use Buss' research who found over 6 continents 37 cultures and used 10,000 participants how men prefer young attractive women and women prefer men with resources and ambitious minds.

He also did a study which i use for Infidelity and Jealousy (aggression) where women fear emotional infidelity whereas men fear sexual infidelity. I was thinking can i use this research in the sexual selection essay by analysing by saying, it supports Darwin's theory as women fear loosing the resources in which helps her survive, whereas male fear losing his chance of spreading his genes, which supports the idea behind what men and women look for to reproduce?

Yep this is fine you could also link saying women want stability and resources and fear emotional infidelity as they could lose this and then the male point is fine.. Remember women also want a loyal partner to take care of themselves and offspring.
Hi does everyone have any resources or written any essays for cultural influences on gender? It is one of the predicted essays for gender, and i am finding it quite tricky as I just don't know what information I would put in an essay or leave out of an essay on cultural influences? So I would appreciate any help, thanks
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Yep this is fine you could also link saying women want stability and resources and fear emotional infidelity as they could lose this and then the male point is fine.. Remember women also want a loyal partner to take care of themselves and offspring.

Yeah i wrote about protection of offspring in my A01! Thanks :smile:
Original post by hellohayfaa
Hi does everyone have any resources or written any essays for cultural influences on gender? It is one of the predicted essays for gender, and i am finding it quite tricky as I just don't know what information I would put in an essay or leave out of an essay on cultural influences? So I would appreciate any help, thanks

Yeah, we all seem to be struggling with this one!
Original post by TMC113
Yeah, we all seem to be struggling with this one!

I've got an essay on it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending