The Student Room Group

Anyone started playing the 3DS Pokemon Red, Blue or Yellow?

It's so great that Pokémon can be transferred to the new games, I would love to play red, blue or yellow but I'm not sure which one. Has anyone started playing any of them and what do you think?
Original post by pinkstudent63
It's so great that Pokémon can be transferred to the new games, I would love to play red, blue or yellow but I'm not sure which one. Has anyone started playing any of them and what do you think?

Pokemon Red & Blue are identical except for a small handful of pokemon exclusive to each game, so between those two choose whichever has the pokemon you prefer :yep: Yellow has more significant changes, most notably getting a Pikachu that follows you around and cannot evolve as your starter (you get the normal starters as gifts throughout the game), such as a few differences to gym leaders, your rival's team.

Yellow is most people's favourite, but I prefer Red and Blue for the sake of nostalgia, and because it's marginally more challenging when you don't have access to all three starters as they're very powerful in the early stages of the game :yep:
I havent played those 1s but i want 2 sooo bad
I actually got Pokémon Yellow. Spent approximately 30 hours levelling them up.

Pikachu; Level 50
Charmander; Level 45
Bulbasaur; Level 45
Squirtle; Level 45

So far anyway :biggrin:
How you all getting on?
can you battle/trade online using friendcodes?
Ordered my 3DS, now to decide which version to buy :jive:

Original post by Oilfreak1
can you battle/trade online using friendcodes?

From what I can tell it can only connect to other games locally rather than over wifi, perhaps Jiraya Sama could confirm?

Original post by Jiraya Sama
x
Anyone got pokemon alpha or omega and wants to lose a battle against me.....PM ME!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Red/Yellow and the see-through purple GBC were a big part of my childhood, so the Yellow 2ds broke my resistance. Haven't started yellow yet, been distracted by other things.

Now for nostalgia to meet reality...

Quick Reply

Latest