The Student Room Group

A good way to revise...

I know we all have different ways that we like to revise, but this is one that I have started using. It has really helped me so far - especially with my History paper and all the specific dates and facts.

You need paper and two coloured pens - preferably black and another colour (maybe green or orange - something bright).

Choose the topic you want to revise (eg. limestone) and using the black pen write down everything you can remember without a revision guide, book or anything that will give you the answers.
(you can use a checklist for this as long as it doesn't give answers - just what you need to learn. A checklist may say something like "know the stages of the limestone cycle").

Afterwards, look at your revision guide, book, website or whatever you revise from and see what points you missed. Write them on the page in a different colour. This colour will make the points stand out so you remember them.

Finally, write all the points you missed in the second colour again without looking at the the revision materials or your corrections. If you want then add the points you remembered the first time. This whole process helps you remember as many points as possible and fill the gaps in your knowledge

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending