The Student Room Group

How to best revise for physics?🤔

Physics is my weakest science and I have a big exam coming up and wondered the best way to revise for it, revison techniques and how long/much should I study/revise for it. I do also have other exam s coming up fro different subjects. Thanks🙂
Reply 1
Original post by StingRay66
Physics is my weakest science and I have a big exam coming up and wondered the best way to revise for it, revison techniques and how long/much should I study/revise for it. I do also have other exam s coming up fro different subjects. Thanks🙂

Are you doing GCSE or A Level physics? Either way, I think a really useful thing to do is go through the syllabus statements for your board one by one and check your understanding. If there is a certain syllabus statement you don’t understand or something you forgot, highlight it and revisit it often to make sure it sticks in your memory. Once you’re confident that you’ve learnt all the content required, just practice as many past papers as you can. Preferably do it under timed condition and if there is a question you got wrong after you’ve marked it, make a note of it as a similar question may pop up later. This is my preferred style of revision before an exam so I hope it help! Good luck 😁

A-level physics online saved my A-level revision. There's also GCSE physics online if you're doing the GCSE.

Pomodoro method is a good revision technique, although the standard 25/5 may not be suitable.

How long? A couple hours a day ideally, although depending on your executive functioon that can be difficult.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Ashirs
Are you doing GCSE or A Level physics? Either way, I think a really useful thing to do is go through the syllabus statements for your board one by one and check your understanding. If there is a certain syllabus statement you don’t understand or something you forgot, highlight it and revisit it often to make sure it sticks in your memory. Once you’re confident that you’ve learnt all the content required, just practice as many past papers as you can. Preferably do it under timed condition and if there is a question you got wrong after you’ve marked it, make a note of it as a similar question may pop up later. This is my preferred style of revision before an exam so I hope it help! Good luck 😁

I'm doing GCSE style exams. Thanks for the advise it's extremely helpful.
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by justlearning1469
A-level physics online saved my A-level revision. There's also GCSE physics online if you're doing the GCSE.

Pomodoro method is a good revision technique, although the standard 25/5 may not be suitable.

How long? A couple hours a day ideally, although depending on your executive functioon that can be difficult.

Thanks👍
Reply 5
I'm doing GCSE style exams. Thanks for the advise it's extremely helpful.

Ahh, I am doing my GCSE too this summer! Good luck!!
Reply 6
Original post by Ashirs
Ahh, I am doing my GCSE too this summer! Good luck!!

You too.

Quick Reply

Latest