The Student Room Group

Architecture Courses

I'm considering doing architecture at university but don't know which ones are any good. I'll probably have BCC A levels and I'm doing art foundation next year. I know the most academic courses usually ask for BBB but I'm looking for a course that is based more around creative work. It can be hard to tell which are more portfolio based and which are just of a lower standard, because they often have similar grade requirements. I have looked through the list of courses validated by RIBA and read through some of the reports but it's still difficult to tell.

Glasgow is one that stands out but asks for BBC which is disapointing considering I'm only one grade off. Is there any chance that I could be accepted if my portfolio makes up for this?

Which other uni's are well respected and would fit what I'm looking for? UEL seems to be, but the new positioning of the department seemed isolated and the open day wasn't all that impressive.

Thanks for any help, it's very much needed!
Ive considered Glasgow as well. Im sure theyd be flexible if you had a good portfolio. The required grades at UCL are supposedly BBC too, their course is pretty design based too.
Reply 2
grades arent everything. i had straight A highers and didnt get an offer yet a friend of mine got into glasgow with with fairly mediocre grades. my portfolio was better too. a lot of it was down to interview
Reply 3
Portsmouth, although an ex-poly and often looked down at by people who believe Cambridge/Sheffield/Nottingham/Bath is the best and nothing else compares, is actually very good for architecture, and the course is regarded very highly by architects.
Reply 4
im going there it rocks

Latest

Trending

Trending