The Student Room Group

Architecture degree- 120 UCAS points

I am nearly 21 so completed my a-levels already, I have a merit in UAL in art foundation. I’ve found that a lot of unis for architecture require 128 UCAS points (a level only). I have looked online and found a few unis entry is 120 but I worry they’re not very good places to study.

Any suggestions please :smile:
I have seen that there is a volunteering qualification you can complete which would give you those extra ucas points! Alternatively, you could email admissions and tell them about your situation - some unis accept people who have received their grades already. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
could do a foundation year - this can let you get onto the degree programme with reduced requirements. e.g Manchester School of Architecture's offer with a foundation year is BBB versus AAA without. BCU's typical offer is 88 UCAS points with a foundation year

edit- some foundation year offers are contingent on other requirements (Manchester's is but BCU's doesn't seem to be). also agree with the recommendation to email the universities you're interested in directly as they can advise you better :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by EVMD17
I am nearly 21 so completed my a-levels already, I have a merit in UAL in art foundation. I’ve found that a lot of unis for architecture require 128 UCAS points (a level only). I have looked online and found a few unis entry is 120 but I worry they’re not very good places to study.

Hi @EVMD17

How many UCAS points do you have all together including the foundation? At Kingston the entry requirements say 128-144 UCAS points but it says foundation is included in this, which was also the same for me when I applied for Fashion Promotion and Communication here.

Also it's a great university for architecture! It's ranked in the top 5 in London and the art school overall here is ranked highly, it's No.1 in London. I personally really like the art school based at Knights Park and feel like it's a very creative environment. Also the course is RIBA validated. And of course Penryn Roads Town House has won many awards for the architecture of the building, it has a library inside which is one of my favourite spaces to get work done.

You can find out more about the course and the entry requirements here Architecture BA (Hons) - Undergraduate degree course - Kingston University London

I hope this helps, any questions you have about Kingston don't hesitate to ask :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Original post by EVMD17

If you look into art universities then they’re likely to accept a FAD for entry regardless of A levels even for architecture.
Original post by EVMD17

Hey if you have a look at Ravensbourne it’s an art uni and they need 112 ucas points and University of East London which is 120, I quite like the UEL course and campus, the teachers were lovely and it’s good for mature students as I’m a mature student too :smile: they have a high mature student percentage, more than most. Ravensbourne had good connections for work experience etc and is right outside O2 for the London experience :smile:
Original post by Jessa0811
Hey if you have a look at Ravensbourne it’s an art uni and they need 112 ucas points and University of East London which is 120, I quite like the UEL course and campus, the teachers were lovely and it’s good for mature students as I’m a mature student too :smile: they have a high mature student percentage, more than most. Ravensbourne had good connections for work experience etc and is right outside O2 for the London experience :smile:

Just be aware that Ravensbourne hasn't yet achieved RIBA validation for its course.
Original post by normaw

Just be aware that Ravensbourne hasn't yet achieved RIBA validation for its course.

Thank you! I didn’t take my offer but they do have an interior architecture course which is RIBA certified:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Jessa0811
Thank you! I didn’t take my offer but they do have an interior architecture course which is RIBA certified:smile:
both the architecture and interior architecture courses are ARB accredited but neither is validated by RIBA. legally yes they give Part 1 exemption but tbh i'd be a bit worried about the overall teaching quality compared to the many many other courses in the UK that have been validated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending