Luke used to be endearing.

Wait, no he didn't

#rekt

That's enough internet for today.
Original post by Lúcio
Swirly used to be endearing.

Now he isn't.

What is he now then?
Thoughts on homeownership for the under 30s? Specially from the older members here? Any of you own a house/thinking about it soon?

Biggest issue on my mind at the moment when I think about returning to the UK next year.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Thoughts on homeownership for the under 30s? Specially from the older members here? Any of you own a house/thinking about it soon?

Biggest issue on my mind at the moment when I think about returning to the UK next year.

Thankful as **** that my parents already paid off the mortgage for our house. But we want to move into a bigger house in a better area so yeah looking for a house but prices are crazy. Even with a really good paying job, prices just make it difficult for the houses we're looking at.

Rent fo' life
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Thankful as **** that my parents already paid off the mortgage for our house. But we want to move into a bigger house in a better area so yeah looking for a house but prices are crazy. Even with a really good paying job, prices just make it difficult for the houses we're looking at.

when you say 'our house' do you mean your house with parents/family - or your own house, seperate to parents? cant guess, as I am not sure how old you are..

If its the first, then great! My parents would have managed the same, but chose to upsize hugely to a bigger house, better area, in 2006.. right on the tip of the bubble before the financial crisis. so they still have a good chunk to pay off.

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Rent fo' life

Cant be doing that. Depressing as **** to know your hard earned money is just paying for some rich older guys retirement fund. Plus the loss in capital, just cant stomach it.
when you say 'our house' do you mean your house with parents/family - or your own house, seperate to parents? cant guess, as I am not sure how old you are..

If its the first, then great! My parents would have managed the same, but chose to upsize hugely to a bigger house, better area, in 2006.. right on the tip of the bubble before the financial crisis. so they still have a good chunk to pay off.

Cant be doing that. Depressing as **** to know your hard earned money is just paying for some rich older guys retirement fund. Plus the loss in capital, just cant stomach it.

Our house with my parents :colondollar:. Will be spending the rest of my life living with them even if I get married tbh. The bigger house we're looking to buy (currently living in a 4 bedroom house) is probably going to be fully funded by me and I'll be paying the mortgage payments and such.

Probably be another housing bubble and again **** people over with their mortgages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will be spending the rest of my life living with them even if I get married tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wot
Our house with my parents :colondollar:. Will be spending the rest of my life living with them even if I get married tbh. The bigger house we're looking to buy (currently living in a 4 bedroom house) is probably going to be fully funded by me and I'll be paying the mortgage payments and such.

Probably be another housing bubble and again **** people over with their mortgages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a solid plan - I really like the idea of families sticking together, even if it is not very common in the UK,

With my chinese family its really normal, they act together and make decisions that are best for everyone, supporting all - rather then fragmenting as we tend to do so much in the UK,

I suspect if housing prices continue to rise, and more pressure is put on the young - more families will look to pool their resources together to find a solution for everyone.
Original post by Lúcio
Wot

Its a cultural thing but mostly because I can't bear the thought of my parents in a care home or living alone. I turned down a great job opportunity in America so I can stay and make sure my parents are alright :colondollar:.

Sounds like a solid plan - I really like the idea of families sticking together, even if it is not very common in the UK,

With my chinese family its really normal, they act together and make decisions that are best for everyone, supporting all - rather then fragmenting as we tend to do so much in the UK,

I suspect if housing prices continue to rise, and more pressure is put on the young - more families will look to pool their resources together to find a solution for everyone.

Yeah unfortunately its not common. Most of my mates find it a bit weird but like I've said above, can't bear the thought of my parents living alone.

You're Chinese? Never would have guessed that.

That's the best thing. Everyone pulling their resources together and being able to spread the cost of mortgage and bills will surely help in easing the financial burden.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Living with parents and taking over 9 bedroom house crew

I'm saving up with a view to purchasing one in 3-5yrs. House prices aren't that bad in Manchester.

Housing situation in this country is absolutely ridiculous though. It's a huge ticking time bomb. What is everyone going to do when they retire? They won't be able to afford the stupidly high rents and in many cases will only be relying on the state pension. It's a crisis waiting to happen but neither Cons or Labour will acknowledge it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its a cultural thing but mostly because I can't bear the thought of my parents in a care home or living alone. I turned down a great job opportunity in America so I can stay and make sure my parents are alright :colondollar:.

Yeah unfortunately its not common. Most of my mates find it a bit weird but like I've said above, can't bear the thought of my parents living alone.

That's the best thing. Everyone pulling their resources together and being able to spread the cost of mortgage and bills will surely help in easing the financial burden.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heart-warming. Have a rep
Original post by The Assassin

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by swirly

:colonhash:
Spoiler-ed for those who dont care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by sr90
I'm saving up with a view to purchasing one in 3-5yrs. House prices aren't that bad in Manchester.

Housing situation in this country is absolutely ridiculous though. It's a huge ticking time bomb. What is everyone going to do when they retire? They won't be able to afford the stupidly high rents and in many cases will only be relying on the state pension. It's a crisis waiting to happen but neither Cons or Labour will acknowledge it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
This house is a circus
berserk as
F***.

Latest