The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 1
there's a society, HAGS (Hull Alternative and Goth Society), sounds like it'd be right up your street. most of my friends are 'alternative types' (though i probably couldn't be called one myself, i just tend to find them good company)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
There are plenty - go to a club called spiders - it's the main alternative club with an enormous amount of Goth / Metal scene people, drinks are stupidly cheap, and it's a lot of fun. Theres a retro half and a Goth / Metal / Heavy Rock half, much head banging and jumping around.
Reply 3
Spiders is awesome. i'm not an alternative / goth at all but its such a good laugh, and you're right, the drinks are stupidly cheap!! 80p for a vodka and orange!
Reply 4
That's one of the best things about spiders, it is very accepting, pretty much anyone can go there wearing anything (and I mean ANYTHING) and wont feel unwelcome. A taste for music helps tho as it is exceptionally loud on a Saturday - oh yeah I'd recommend Fridays - definately more chilled out, less insanely busy and generally feels a more fun!
Reply 5
sav_606_rebels
Spiders is awesome. i'm not an alternative / goth at all but its such a good laugh, and you're right, the drinks are stupidly cheap!! 80p for a vodka and orange!

Speak for yourself! I cant even get in there.

First time that wearing trendy/smart clothes mean you cant get in that place, lol
Reply 6
Hmm, define 'trendy', shirt and jeans you'll be fine, I've seen indie kids in there wearing suits and they were ok, don't think the issue is with trendiness as such.
spider sounds very cool :smile:
80p = crazyness
Reply 8
I'm not personally a goth or anything but I'm from Hull and there are so many clubs that are based on that scene. As people have said Spiders (what a good and cheap saturday night out) and there's Welly too which is more alternative I'd say! Both very good clubs!
Reply 9
HAGS - Hull Alternative & Goth Society

Excellent society checkout their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/hags

Have been a member since the society began.

There are plenty of live bands, nights out to spiders and alternative events planned throughout the year

Latest