The Student Room Group

Edexcel: From kaiser to fuhrer 1900-1945, his03/d exam friday 10th june 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by xHazalx
Hey guys,

How would you answer this question:
"The main threat to the stability of the Weimar Republic in the period 1919-1923 came from the political violence of the extreme right"

What points would you make for this question?

I'd talk about the assassinations particularly about Rathenau and the reaction. Also compare it to RW uprisings such as Munich and Kapp putsch.

Compare to Left wing; Spartacists, Red Bavaria, 1920 Ruhr, 1921 Merseburg, 1923 Major Strike wave.

Also compare possibly to the lack of reform within the Judiciary and Army and how this caused things to be undermined within the constitution (Fechenback, LW secretary to Eisner getting 11 years for violating press law, compared to Hitler getting 5 for treason - lack of control over those two groups.)

That's how I'd do it anyway. Good luck today!
Good luck guys! Hopefully we'll get into uni.... :biggrin:
when you see through the exam paper before it starts and you see the dates 1900-1914 and 1939-1945 with opposition and realise nothing on the Weimar Republic or Final Solution came up :frown: but the exam was still ok
How did everyones go? I did the democracy question, thought it was quite nice
Dreaaaaam paper 😍
Woohooo!

Best paper ever, I did the opposition and WW1 Qs.

:biggrin:

What did everyone else do?
the exam went great. i hope the grade boundaries are low lol
on question 1 I decided to go a little out the box and did paragraphs on how terror and propaganda weakened opposition and put all the useless opposition (youth, left, church) into one paragraph instead of doing a separate paragraph for each, hope that ok

question 2 wasn't very nice even though it really should have been. I mostly just went on about how wrong source A was, but I rambled a bit and dint use enough examples

edit: that said, I only need a high D in this paper to get my B overall, so it should be alright. Glad it went well for most others!
ww2 opposition
split it into conservatives,military,left wing,church and youth.

went ok although ran out of time for controversy(rise of nazis):frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
what would be a B out of 70??
hey i did the ww2 question

i only had three paragraphs with conservatives, army and then leftwing/youth/church (all in one paragraph). would i be able to still get a level 5 for the essay? i argued that the army was the biggest threat but actually non of them were a significant opposition to the nazis due to their lack of consensus, low memberships and the terror state.
Original post by Frankie32
what would be a B out of 70??

Part B is 40 out of 70 marks.
The exam could not have gotten better. I basically regurgitated a pass essay on Nazi opposition with the word 'significant' and i'm pretty confident I got around 28/30. WW1 controversy was a dream question also, and the sources were fantastic; I couldn't believe they got Jeremy Paxman's account of the cause of WW1. I goofed a bit and didn't give a counter argument for Fischer with Ritter but on the whole I feel I argued well enough to get the top marks. Couldn't be happier.
Decent paper I thought. Shame there wasn't a question on the Weimar Republic though
the nerve of them using the second reich again lmao

i swear the second reich has appeared in almost every year this decade?
Reply 675
Original post by Dannyboy2015
Woohooo!

Best paper ever, I did the opposition and WW1 Qs.

:biggrin:

What did everyone else do?

Same! Buzzing, opposition was the thing I really wanted to come up! What did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the opposition question in terms of the period of the war so in my first paragraph I talked about blitzkrieg and how morale was really high so opposition was unnecessary, any opposition was fairly limited like grumblings and the fact that people weren't happy about toilet paper and soap being rationed from 1939 etc.. Then for my second paragraph I talked about when the 'high' of blitzkrieg had ended and opposition took a turn.. I talked about the church - bishop Galen speaking out against euthanasia and bonhoffer calling the regime anti-christian, then I talked about the white rose movement with the student youth and then conservative opposition with the 1944 bomb plot!
Everyone I know is happy about the exam, certainly the beats exam I've ever done, then again maybe it's not all good if everyone did amazing because grade boundaries will rise!
The Nazi Opposition Question was beautiful 👏🏼 . I split it into Conservatives, Communists,Youth & Church.
- Conservatives= Stauffenburg Plot & KC Circle but opposition was too late and some generals were deluded even with the 'turn of the tide'
- Communists= Resistance cells but poor leadership, tactics etc
- Youth= White Rose Group, Hitler Youth & Edelweiss Pirates
-Church= Bishop Galen Munster + Crucifix situation but comprimised with the signing of the Concordat

Are these good points?
feeling a little nervous about doing separate paragraphs on Nazi suppression of opposition now since everybody else just split it into groups. Oh well, no point worrying now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending