The Student Room Group

is one month until GCSEs too late. tips please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by g_a1
Im in the same boat as you! Left my revision a month before and predicted high grades.

Im especially worried for maths- I feel as if there is so much content and im struggling to get my head around the new specification. The shortage of past papers for the new worded questions makes it more challenging & i am very worried.

yeah i got straight a stars in the end but with this whoel 1-9 thing maths in particular has become harder ( I couldnt even do one of the questions and Im studying maths at AS). Just give it a shot its possible to get those grades you want if you just buckle down from now on - I am hoping the same applies to my a level cramming rn
It's fine guys. I done about 2-1 week prep and I ended up with 5 A's 3 B's and 1 C (I really couldn't be bothered with my coursework and the subject bored me) If I had a month I probably would have got A*'s , A's and maybe a couple B's. School is easy honestly. You just need motivation and once you have that you can become an A* student.

I need to listen to my advice.
Original post by g_a1
Im in the same boat as you! Left my revision a month before and predicted high grades.

Im especially worried for maths- I feel as if there is so much content and im struggling to get my head around the new specification. The shortage of past papers for the new worded questions makes it more challenging & i am very worried.

I'm in exactly your position! I'm predicted all A*s and am struggling with maths (which is frustrating as I would have been pretty much guaranteed at least an A with the old spec!)... aaaaand I haven't really started revision yet :/ Plus I'm taking RE as an extra GCSE and I barely know the topics!

Quick Reply

Latest