The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yep i got the same geo exam as u. tbh if u allocate most revision time on ur case studies, ur guaranteed 50-60% of marks because 50-60% of the 3H paper is reli about case study questions which are worth a lot. also just go thru ur diagrams for river/glacial/coastal processes etc cos i think we'll hav to draw a lot this exam. u knw the grade boundary for an A* is only around 79%!
Reply 2
I thought Paper 4H is about the case studies o.O and thanks for the tips. Well I never got an A* before =.= I only got as much as an A and Bs in Geography but I must try my best
That's where I'll fall down, I'm terrible with remembering facts from case studies... any suggestions or tips.

However, I know the Mississippi flood back to front! That's it.
Reply 4
oops yeh i meant 4H is mainly case study. Well the 3H today wasnt too bad. Except the question where u had to label the river features on the photograph. R was slip off slope, T was river cliff but what the heck was S?? it was pointing to some grass :confused: i just wrote levée...but my friends hav written floodplain...any ideas?
I found the 3H exam generally very easy today :smile: I put levees too for S, i thought about flood plain but i thought they' d have put it further away from the river bank to avoid vagueness if it was that. I put Point Bar for R because it looked like it was pointing at the beachy feature. River Cliff for T :smile: What did you all put for the weather fronts question? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Hello. Just wondering.. (because I don't wish to get a warning level) can I continue posting?
Reply 7
mrbowlcutter
I found the 3H exam generally very easy today :smile: I put levees too for S, i thought about flood plain but i thought they' d have put it further away from the river bank to avoid vagueness if it was that. I put Point Bar for R because it looked like it was pointing at the beachy feature. River Cliff for T :smile: What did you all put for the weather fronts question? :biggrin:

weather fronts question was weird...the data was confusing cos the temp went up and then down again for the first bit. i crossed the one where the temp went up by a lot tho for the warm front.

btw sorry to moderators for discussing the exam so early, i did not know.
Catchetat
Hello. Just wondering.. (because I don't wish to get a warning level) can I continue posting?

You didn't get a warning as yuo didn't discuss the exam after anyone had sat it.

You can discuss exams after 12am (midnight British time) for exams sat during the morning and after 4am (British time) for exams sat in the afternoon. That time is up now for this exam - so disucss all you want now :smile:
Reply 9
Yea.. I read the notice. It's just confusions about time zones and stuff. Just worried about getting warnings lol. and hm I picked the point bar, river cliff and slip off slope for the first ones (forgot the order). AHH Paper 4 on Monday :'( I don't even know how to revise for it..
4h is mainly case studies...just go thru the tomorow's geog A textbook and learn all the case studies in there, thts what im going to do. anyway im doing Managing the environment (B5) and Managing urban areas (C8) - altogether i have about 7-8 case studies to learn!!
Reply 11
same.. not sure about the number of case studies but we too have a lot to learn! The thing is.. i can't absorb any facts into my brain!!!!!!
Reply 12
Good luck in it tomorrow everyone! :smile: My bet's on Malham maybe coming up for managing tourism, but I have no idea about the environment.. Norfolk maybe?

Latest