The Student Room Group

Mum always angry ot in a bad mood

I feel like my mother is always in a bad mood she always says when i ask her whether she is angry that she is not but I feel tension, and this bad energy when around her.I feel like she is never pleased with me always angry no matter what I do even if she says she is not I feel as if she is.She usually says I am tired but when you are tired you are angry I know she is probably stressed at work but I wish she did not have to come home and bring this bad energy.
Some people are naturally angry.
(meet her half way)
You literally just described my mum
Ask her if she's okay, maybe she herself isn't aware of her angry behavior. Help her out with the house work and listen to her every once in a while i guess. You can also just flat out tell her that she is too angry. when she tries to deny it, don't just agree, tell her how annoying her negative energy is and that you can help. you never know maybe she is angry due to factors out of her control.
Reply 4
Original post by i want to pass
Ask her if she's okay, maybe she herself isn't aware of her angry behavior. Help her out with the house work and listen to her every once in a while i guess. You can also just flat out tell her that she is too angry. when she tries to deny it, don't just agree, tell her how annoying her negative energy is and that you can help. you never know maybe she is angry due to factors out of her control.

I do a lot of chores dishes, hoovering, washing clothing,folding clothing daily pretty much.Thank you for your answer I appreciate it I will try.I am a very good to her I don't go out places I help her around the house I rarely argue with her I continuously ask her if she needs help I hug her when she needs comforting.I just wish she knew how hard I try to be the perfect daughter when I am not doing well academically I work hard to fix it I study I resit exams (mocks) I wish she only understood.I am patient I wish she understood how hard I try I struggle with anxiety for about 2 years and I try to stay strong for her she doesn't understand anxiety and how it affects me.I just wish she knew how much I try to make sure she is in a good mood she comes home to a clean house I try to help her yet she is never thankful.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Maria1812
I feel like my mother is always in a bad mood she always says when i ask her whether she is angry that she is not but I feel tension, and this bad energy when around her.I feel like she is never pleased with me always angry no matter what I do even if she says she is not I feel as if she is.She usually says I am tired but when you are tired you are angry I know she is probably stressed at work but I wish she did not have to come home and bring this bad energy.

Make her a sammich

@thefatone
I do a lot of chores dishes, hoovering, washing clothing,folding clothing daily pretty much.Thank you for your answer I appreciate it I will try.

of course.

@Maria1812 if i make your mum a sandwich will everything be better???
Reply 7
I offer her tea food she rarely accepts.She recently started a new job maybe it is that she is settling in slowly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I offer her tea and food she rarely accepts.
Reply 9
Original post by i want to pass

I told her what you said she seemed to respond postively and said she is sorry that she brings negative energy into the house thank you so much your advice is gold.
I offer her tea food she rarely accepts.She recently started a new job maybe it is that she is settling in slowly.

aww that sucks :/
I told her what you said she seemed to respond postively and said she is sorry that she brings negative energy into the house thank you so much your advice is gold.

It means a lot to know that my advice helped :h:, I hope it gets better soon.
I feel like my mother is always in a bad mood she always says when i ask her whether she is angry that she is not but I feel tension, and this bad energy when around her.

You have to understand there could be complications that she doesnt want you to burden as well eg economic side/husband arguments/work troubles/medical issues these are just vague examples that may/may not apply. She may just be going through a tough time

can you pinpoint when it started roughly:s-smilie: and think about any large events that may have impacted her mood to be like this?

eg passing away of relatives/medical issues/moving to a new place etc:redface:

I feel like she is never pleased with me always angry no matter what I do even if she says she is not I feel as if she is.She usually says I am tired but when you are tired you are angry I know she is probably stressed at work but I wish she did not have to come home and bring this bad energy.

Im not saying youre a bad person:smile: but throughout you dont seem to be bringing optimistic values into the situation.

Are you smiling at her when you talk to her or are you frowning at her frowning face causing too much frown game??:frown:

If youre quite sure its work theres not much you can do. Just make her a drink (if you really want to help her) and talk to her and by talk I mean listen.

Listen to her complain about work/co workers and itll help a lot.:biggrin:

Best wishes:h:

edit:realised you said she started a new job, was this the same time her mood became like this?

are there any factors of the job that could be the main reason?

eg

long hours
hard manual work
co workers sound displeasing
low wages
bad environment?
(edited 8 years ago)
Sounds like a woman
Reply 14
Original post by ForestShadow
You have to understand there could be complications that she doesnt want you to burden as well eg economic side/husband arguments/work troubles/medical issues these are just vague examples that may/may not apply. She may just be going through a tough time

can you pinpoint when it started roughly:s-smilie: and think about any large events that may have impacted her mood to be like this?

eg passing away of relatives/medical issues/moving to a new place etc:redface:

Im not saying youre a bad person:smile: but throughout you dont seem to be bringing optimistic values into the situation.

Are you smiling at her when you talk to her or are you frowning at her frowning face causing too much frown game??:frown:

If youre quite sure its work theres not much you can do. Just make her a drink (if you really want to help her) and talk to her and by talk I mean listen.

Listen to her complain about work/co workers and itll help a lot.:biggrin:

Best wishes:h:

edit:realised you said she started a new job, was this the same time her mood became like this?

are there any factors of the job that could be the main reason?

eg

long hours
hard manual work
co workers sound displeasing
low wages
bad environment?

She likes the job however she is settling in and the job is not exacly what she dreams of doing.

Quick Reply

Latest