The Student Room Group

I kinda want my mum to divorce my dad!

But I know she won’t. My dad has always been short tempered and gets angry for things that no normal person will and he lengths it on for ages as well like if there was a problem or a little misunderstanding in the morning he’ll carry on going on about it. For example I come back from work and I see my dad annoying my mum not letting her watch tv or do anything and just keep asking what her problem is, it was about something unnecessary that happened in the morning. My brother and sister who are a lot younger 8 and 9 laugh about it cos it’s funny to see he’s so angry about something that doesn’t even matter and then he gets angry and hits them. We’re Indian so it’s normal to hit ur children if they’ve done something bad but wouldn’t this just count as abuse?
Reply 1
Sorry it’s long I just feel so upset cos he’s always like this since I can remember. It’s just frustrating and I don’t want my brother and sister to go through what I did. He hits me with a belt and it really hurts I don’t think he understands he says sorry after sometimes but I hate it
this is pretty much my life story too. never understood why my mum has stayed with my dad for so long, he literally has no good qualities but shes never left him. maybe its just easier for her to stay with him, i dunno
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
this is pretty much my life story too. never understood why my mum has stayed with my dad for so long, he literally has no good qualities but shes never left him. maybe its just easier for her to stay with him, i dunno

Yeah sometimes he’s nice he provides for the family I guess but overall he just gets everyone stressed well especially me anyway.
If you look at the Childline website, you will see that physical violence is always classed as abuse and that there is no justification for it, even when the person feels that they 'deserve' it somehow. That Charity will also tell you how to deal with it rather than putting up with it.
Reply 5
I don't know if you're still in this situation, but I'm extremely sorry for you (I went through something similar) and what you're describing is most definitely abuse, I hope you can get help to get out of this situation (but I know that's extremely hard).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending