The Student Room Group

Parents

My relationship with my mum is not the best. She’s always angry and she never listens to what I say. She cuts me off and never accepts her mistakes. Whenever I do bring it up she says I’m talking back and being disrespectful. We’ve gotten into big arguments and it happens regularly. I feel alone.
Ever since her becoming a single parent I feel that I’m the target for her anger. I feel she has a big ego and I’m always the one apologising so that she doesn’t get further upset, even though I’m not to blame. How do I deal with this?
Reply 1
Original post by Syed998
My relationship with my mum is not the best. She’s always angry and she never listens to what I say. She cuts me off and never accepts her mistakes. Whenever I do bring it up she says I’m talking back and being disrespectful. We’ve gotten into big arguments and it happens regularly. I feel alone.
Ever since her becoming a single parent I feel that I’m the target for her anger. I feel she has a big ego and I’m always the one apologising so that she doesn’t get further upset, even though I’m not to blame. How do I deal with this?

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps she's bothered by something you don't know. Remember people aren't bad all the time. Sometimes it's the situation that makes us act that way. Hence, it's really crucial to understand an individual as well as the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending