The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
wot did u lot rite for da last question it was 18 marks bout strengths n weaknesses of keep dat culture dey had ,

i sed it was a weakness if dey shareholders r keepin alot of pressure on them because as yahoo n ask geeves keep growing, google cnt stay still and will need to make gud decisions which isnt possible wit da culture dey had. also i mentioned da fact dey r investin in many products der needs to be organised structure to keep all departments coordinated as der r more products.

i mentioned it was a strength because by being ethical it allows firm to hav gud image and dat workers will be more motivated

i didnt hav time to evaluate properly i was gnna say if dey made da shareholders der prority den da culture dey had wos a weakness
bikini_barbie
Yes it probably wont be hard for normal people! but i am a ****** and completely misintreprated the 3rd question so it will be hard for me seeing as it was a 16 marks question lol. Hard days. :frown:

don't be so hard on yourself! my mate re-did his question 1 after he realised he answered it completely wrong! so you probably done better than him! although that said, he only needed 6 UMS marks to get his overall A (lucky b*****d!)
Reply 122
well that was my last exam for two years anyway!

I just came on here because I'm feeling a bit down about my exam. I was halfway through the last question of the exam, written a page, when I got told to stop writing Didnt do any evaluation or anything. How many marks will I lose for this.. I really needed to pass this exam to get into uni and I fear I've messed it up!!!
Reply 123
p wills read my meesage abov i ditn get tim to evaluate but i evaluated from da first sentence for each q so if u did dat den no worries
Reply 124
Don't worry, they give you marks for anything in business studies and although the questions were high marks, they are split into evaluation/analysis/content so you only need a few detailed points for each question..
Reply 125
To be honest though I didnt even do that for the last question, I did a definition, then made one or two developed disadvantages. No advantages and no evaluation. I think I dropped marks in question 4 too, this exam was terrible for me.
Last question ermm i wrote about how their culture was obviously not causing them any serious problems so far seen as they were market leader with a 70% share so why should they change it and cause confilct and up-roar with the eomployess now. I said about ermmm how this culture seemed to satisfy many of maslows needs in his hierarchy they were working in teams relaxed so may not make as many mistakes as they would if they were under pressure. They were encouraged to be creative and innovative which could lead to them giving some great news ideas to help with googles success which would not happen if they were in a formal culture where there views were not accepted.
then i did a bit against the culture saying distractions may decrease the productivity and the concentration of the workers and they may have to change their structure if they are wishing to grow een futher. then i said summot abt the bit where they could bring their kids saying if they stopped this and people didint want to pay for chil minders and left they may lose highly skilled workers and stuff like that?! Hope thats the right kinda thing :s-smilie:
Reply 127
rob22
Anyone else put that the first table was global sales so couldn't accurately predict UK trends etc..?

Yeah that is exactly what I put but only after I had written a paragraph about the trends before realising they were based on global and not UK. So I just wrote a sentence saying they were irrelevant to how Google would perform in the UK at the end of the paragraph.
ermmm i dont rly get the whole scaled mark thing ?! so that means u only need about 65% in unit 6 for an A in the paper? i thought u needed around 80% ..... very confused!? H E L P. Cant believe u only need 70/120, ur so lucky!! mine were all written exams so i have to wait till august to find out.
Also i did it the other way round and put that the 2nd and 3rd table were only UK trends so couldnt predict how world sales would be affected, but hey dont listen to me i misinterpretated the whole question !
Reply 129
I didn't notice the global thing, why could they not just have said look at appendixes B and C, as that's the kind of thing you miss, having so little time!

not causing them any serious problems so far seen as they were market leader with a 70% share so why should they change it and cause confilct and up-roar with the eomployess now

So did I, I was like 'if it's currently working for them, why should they conform to the conventions of having to introduce a formal structure after growth'
o crap lol was the 3rd question about UK performance ? dam it why i am so stupid sometimes... why i cant i read the question properly :frown: :frown:
Reply 131
I made the same mistake and I'm sure many others did. As long as you didn't write your whole answer around the global growth, you'll get some marks.

I think uniform marks are arranged by how well everyone's done- so it would be like 65% to get an A in the raw mark from the test, but if you're in the 'A' category- you would get a uniform mark of above 80% which would be an A grade..
Afallen

I think uniform marks are arranged by how well everyone's done- so it would be like 65% to get an A in the raw mark from the test, but if you're in the 'A' category- you would get a uniform mark of above 80% which would be an A grade..

No way! i never knew it worked like that. there is some hope after all!! I dont think half the teachers at my school know that either lol.... nice 1 Lets hope every1 else didnt do very well :biggrin:
That will be why i got 120 /120 ums in french last year for a module even though i did things wrong. WOW everything makes sense now and u have just cheered me up thankyouuuu !
Reply 133
bikini_barbie
ermmm i dont rly get the whole scaled mark thing ?! so that means u only need about 65% in unit 6 for an A in the paper? i thought u needed around 80% ..... very confused!? H E L P. Cant believe u only need 70/120, ur so lucky!! mine were all written exams so i have to wait till august to find out.
Also i did it the other way round and put that the 2nd and 3rd table were only UK trends so couldnt predict how world sales would be affected, but hey dont listen to me i misinterpretated the whole question !

Basically grade boundaries are set which reflect the paper. But when they get converted its 80% for A. For example if A was say 50/84 and some one got 50, this woukld be converted to 96. (80% of 120). Same way if a B was say 56/84 and some one got that it would be converted to 84 (70% of 120)...
Reply 134
Is it me or is everyone on this Thread on high A's? And you people are complaining about business :s-smilie:

Latest