jan paper

- identify and describe the types of humus in a soil
- in context of sil what do you understandn by the term mineral constituents
- explain the process of ionic exchamge that operates within a soil
- using examples how can soils be changed by human activity

- either earthquakes or volcanoes

- describe global distribution
-outline reasons for the origin of the hazard
reference to examples describe the effects of hazard of physical and human environments
- discuss ways in which the people manage the hazard and its effects
Reply 4
3 write an account of the long term climatic changes that have taken place in the britich isles include the phenomenon known as global warming
- include fluctuation of temp and percip
- evidence for fluctuations of above ^
- reason for recent global warming and its possible effects on british isles

4 write an account of the regional development issues that have been faced within a named country ( no uk) that you have studied
- outline the core periphery relationship that exists within a country
- describe the effects on the naional development of the country
- discuss the national government policies that have been put in place to address these effects

sorry i dont have amrk scheme only questions for the global change paper
thanks, do you have ggb6?
Reply 6
nope sorry
I did ggb6 in january...the questions on the investigation were pretty straightforward, I think they asked to describe a method of data collection, and then a method of data presentation. But that's all I can remember from that section :s-smilie:

On the other bit there was a cloropleth map question which actually required colouring...there was also a pie chart question, and loads of people had forgotten a protractor/compass and were trying to use water bottle lids. So definitely remember to bring one. There was also something on sampling.

Sorry if that isn't extremely helpful, I'm having trouble remembering..but there was definitely NO horrible lorenz curve or location quotient which I was very relieved about.

Good luck! x
Reply 8
Yep I did GGB6 in Jan and think GlitterStorm has pretty much covered it.
Fieldwork= *aims/hypothesis, Methods of data collection and presentation
Section B= *Choropleth map including establishing a suitable scale
*Pie charts which had to be proportionally drawn (using some maths!)
*Think there something for 4 marks suggesting why employment numbers and ratio of men/women employed in a factory had changed.
*6 marks on sampling- suggest 2 different methods to collect data from a town.

The main think we noted was that there was no huge report as seen in previous past papers- maybe the style of paper has changed slightly??
Good Luck x
Ahh yeah, no report! That was lucky :biggrin:
Clouless
Yep I did GGB6 in Jan and think GlitterStorm has pretty much covered it.
Fieldwork= *aims/hypothesis, Methods of data collection and presentation
Section B= *Choropleth map including establishing a suitable scale
*Pie charts which had to be proportionally drawn (using some maths!)
*Think there something for 4 marks suggesting why employment numbers and ratio of men/women employed in a factory had changed.
*6 marks on sampling- suggest 2 different methods to collect data from a town.

The main think we noted was that there was no huge report as seen in previous past papers- maybe the style of paper has changed slightly??
Good Luck x

Awesome! I'll be really pleased if they've stopped doing those report questions and focused on "techniques"... they changed the format of the GGB5 exam i sat this Jan, usually they would ask 3 or 4 big mark q's however this time 2 questions were "split" into 4 and 3 mark questions :biggrin:
Reply 11
hey, just thought id give people a heads up about 2moro's exam!

LORENZ curves

according to my teachers they're supposed to recycle each part of the unit every three years and its exactly 3 years this summer since lorenz curves came up. also, they went to the examiners meetings and the chief examiner stressed lorenz curves several times, indicating its going to come up
i rather enjoyed that exam! what did everyone get for the level of significance for their Rs value? 0.01?

Latest