The Student Room Group

Foundation or pathway to reading Law

I really want to get into a good university for law but i took 2 years out to work after doing a diploma in computer engineering( i did quite well . 3.94 GPA out of 4) . My contract with my present employer only ends in November. I did not do A levels but is there a pathway which would lead me to getting a law degree at a top university ?
I was pondering on a foundation in law but was given to understand that not many qualify to enter the undergraduate law program even after doing foundation in law. Is there any truth to this?
Original post by Mysterylover
I really want to get into a good university for law but i took 2 years out to work after doing a diploma in computer engineering( i did quite well . 3.94 GPA out of 4) . My contract with my present employer only ends in November. I did not do A levels but is there a pathway which would lead me to getting a law degree at a top university ?
I was pondering on a foundation in law but was given to understand that not many qualify to enter the undergraduate law program even after doing foundation in law. Is there any truth to this?

Hi

I've moved this to the Legal careers forum for you where hopefully someone will be able to help.

It might be useful to explain what country you've studied in previously (GPA isn't common in the UK) and what sort of career you're hoping to get into.
When I looked at foundation law it was overhwelmingly colleges that offered this route. Having looked again there are some unis which offer a 4 year law course with a foundation year. Durham, Nottingham, Birmingham. Your best bet is to go to the web page of the uni you are interested in and check to see what degrees they offer, be it just a straigh foundation year or a 4 year law degree. General foundation eyars can offer you a good chance of geting onto a law course, but no guarantee. Obviously a 4 year law course means its a guarantee. Law courses are competitive to get on, so be prepared. Durham was based on LNAT.

You are going to have to do some research.
Reply 3
Thank you PQ for helping me move and to 999tigger for responding .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending