The Student Room Group

International Business Warwick vs. Bcom McGill

Hey! I'm having this dilemma right now: I can't choose between these two unis. I'm a city person (currently living in Ldn) and I love to travel, so discovering Montreal would be great. I don't mind being far from my family, plus I'm scared that I'll get bored in Coventry. But what really matters the most to me is the quality of the program. I've heard that Desautel's Faculty isn't great, whereas Warwick is awesome for business. Is Warwick really well-known internationally? Which uni will give me more opportunities? What do you recommend?
Original post by sas_k98
Hey! I'm having this dilemma right now: I can't choose between these two unis. I'm a city person (currently living in Ldn) and I love to travel, so discovering Montreal would be great. I don't mind being far from my family, plus I'm scared that I'll get bored in Coventry. But what really matters the most to me is the quality of the program. I've heard that Desautel's Faculty isn't great, whereas Warwick is awesome for business. Is Warwick really well-known internationally? Which uni will give me more opportunities? What do you recommend?

McGill is better imo. Warwick isnt well known and thier teaching quality lags behind McGill.
Reply 2
Original post by AliNaqvi:D
McGill is better imo. Warwick isnt well known and thier teaching quality lags behind McGill.

Ok but knowing that I can learn a language in both programs, do you think McGill has a good level? Like will I be fluent by the end of my degree? (German in this case)
Original post by sas_k98

Warwick is better for business, and great reputation internationally as well
McGill has an excellent business school, and is more reputable internationally than Warwick.
For finance recruitment, the core schools in Canada are really just Ivey business school (part of the University of Western Ontario) and Queen's University's Commerce programme. Desautels is alright, but lags behind those two placement wise. Whereas Warwick in the UK is a core target for all banks.

I'd look into which location you prefer (looks like you're leaning towards Montreal, which is a solid city btw) and which course of study you'd prefer undergoing. Both are great choices, but the decision ultimately is yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending