The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol University

Hi! My name is Leah and I have accepted a firm place at the University of Bristol and just want to find other people who will be attending at the end of this year!
And also when does the freshers week start/lessons start?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Leah lmao another Leah here!! Pretty sure Freshers starts on 18th September, and lessons begin the week after :smile: i've also accepted a firm offer, just need to get the grades now!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Term dates can be found at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/university/dates/

Welcome Week: 18 to 22 September 2023
Teaching starts on 25 September.
Reply 3
Original post by leahhsss
Hi Leah lmao another Leah here!! Pretty sure Freshers starts on 18th September, and lessons begin the week after :smile: i've also accepted a firm offer, just need to get the grades now!

Yes just need to get the grades! What subject have you chosen to study? :smile:
Reply 4
Hiyaa Mel here, I accepted for Pharmacology w year in industry at UOB. What're u hoping to study?

I was looking at the societies on the student union website and they've got soooo many choices there im super excited :smile:
Hi! I’ve firmed too to study law! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Melooo
Hiyaa Mel here, I accepted for Pharmacology w year in industry at UOB. What're u hoping to study?

I was looking at the societies on the student union website and they've got soooo many choices there im super excited :smile:

I have accepted civil engineering!
Ooooo I need to check out what societies there are!
Reply 7
Original post by llleeeaaahhh
I have accepted civil engineering!
Ooooo I need to check out what societies there are!

Omg I’ve firmed for civil engineering too!! I’m so glad there’s at least one other girl on the course lol
Reply 8
Original post by _cornycorn_
Omg I’ve firmed for civil engineering too!! I’m so glad there’s at least one other girl on the course lol

Yay! I'm glad there is another girl on the course that has firmed as well! I went to the open day and there was a few girls but there was no guarantee they where going to firm their place
Hi! I'm Diana and I've firmed International Business Management and Spanish. Super excited to start!!
Reply 10
(Original post by dianaemanuela)ahh same, I’m super excited as I managed to get a contextual offer Hi! I'm Diana and I've firmed International Business Management and Spanish. Super excited to start!!
Hi Leah, my name is Ananda and I have firmly accepted the offer for Innovation & Entrepreneurship for this year. Super excited to start this September!
Reply 12
Hi guys what would make you pick Bristol vs Warwick or Manchester? I love the city of Bristol yet I worry it's not as good for maths as Warwick and also manchester is fun.
Reply 13
Original post by Benji8492
Hi guys what would make you pick Bristol vs Warwick or Manchester? I love the city of Bristol yet I worry it's not as good for maths as Warwick and also manchester is fun.

Just do research and make rational decisions, best wishes
Reply 14
Anyone still on hold for MSc Data Science?
Reply 15
Original post by llleeeaaahhh
Hi! My name is Leah and I have accepted a firm place at the University of Bristol and just want to find other people who will be attending at the end of this year!
And also when does the freshers week start/lessons start?

Im also accepted and I want to meet people who are gonna go there
Reply 16
Original post by altaneker
Im also accepted and I want to meet people who are gonna go there

Yes I do too! I'm quite nervous about going there and knowing no-one, but i'm sure it's not going to be as hard as I think it is
Reply 17
Hi everyone!
I'm Aasna and I've firmed Data Science. I'm an international student and hope to talk to some people before I get there.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 18
Original post by aasna
Hi everyone!
I'm Aasna and I've firmed Data Science. I'm an international student and hope to talk to some people before I get there.

MSc or BSc ?
Reply 19
Hi I have a question that’s been bothering me . I got a grade 5 in math at GCSE level but the entry requirement for business is a grade 6. However , I achieved the grade 6 requirement for English . I also got a triple distinction star at b tech level and the entry requirement was only a triple D .

My question is would my 1 grade off the math GCSE affect my chances at getting an offer ????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending