The Student Room Group

AS level maths - Solomon papers

So, I have my AS level maths in a few weeks time. I think I'm feeling good about them as I'm at the stage where I'm just trying to perfect the papers and not make any silly mistakes!

Today I was told by someone to try some Solomon maths papers as I've done pretty much every past paper for C1 and C2. I was just wondering if these papers are with the current Edexcel AS maths specification and how old the papers are? I'm finding lots of the older papers (pre 2009 ish) seem to be much much more straight forward than the more recent papers and was wondering if the Solomon papers are also from this kind of time?

Thanks for your help in advance 😃
Reply 1
Solomon Papers use the current spec but are designed to be harder than Edexcel papers so if you can do them well then you're calm for the exam :smile:
Hi! I moved this into the maths forum for you :h:
Original post by veejn
Solomon Papers use the current spec but are designed to be harder than Edexcel papers so if you can do them well then you're calm for the exam :smile:

I would say that the Solomon papers were intended to be as like the real thing as possible. However, when the first real papers emerged, they were very straight forward, so the Solomon ones were harder. As you move from C1 up through C2, C3 and C4, the difference becomes gradually less.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending