Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

"George Zimmerman auctioning off gun used to kill Trayvon Martin" - Thoughts?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    At least they know it works

(Original post by 0to100)
    OJ didn't use his ball to kill anyone
    No but due to the case, his name is more synonymous with the court case than his profession. What can we use from the Zimmerman case apart from the gun, a watermelon drink or a box of dextromethorphan?

Seems immoral

He's a nasty piece of work, but karma works in mysterious ways. He will get what's coming to him sooner or later, as they all do

(Original post by 0to100)
    It's kinda creepy jsut because it's to do with murder, like it would be having the cross near a satanist. It's symbolic and not of something good.

Anyway I also heard he was auctioning off photos of Martin's corpse, the photos taken during investigations and that, it's grim is my issue.
    It was not murder, I think that you should read up on the case.

(Original post by fr0sr_)
    The auction begins on Thursday at 11 a.m. Eastern and 24-hours later.
    Zimmerman calls the firearm, a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm, a "piece of American history," in the item description on gunbroker.com, an online auction website for firearms.

"The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012," the description for the item says, noting that Zimmerman was just returned the gun by the Justice Department."

Is he right/wrong to do this?
    Is it unethical?

Link here:
    I see it as unethical.

It's glorifying and profiteering from a death, even if it was in self-defense.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.