The Student Room Group

"George Zimmerman auctioning off gun used to kill Trayvon Martin" - Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
OJ didn't use his ball to kill anyone

No but due to the case, his name is more synonymous with the court case than his profession. What can we use from the Zimmerman case apart from the gun, a watermelon drink or a box of dextromethorphan?
Seems immoral
He's a nasty piece of work, but karma works in mysterious ways. He will get what's coming to him sooner or later, as they all do :smile:
Original post by 0to100
It's kinda creepy jsut because it's to do with murder, like it would be having the cross near a satanist. It's symbolic and not of something good.

Anyway I also heard he was auctioning off photos of Martin's corpse, the photos taken during investigations and that, it's grim is my issue.

It was not murder, I think that you should read up on the case.
Original post by fr0sr_
The auction begins on Thursday at 11 a.m. Eastern and 24-hours later.
Zimmerman calls the firearm, a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm, a "piece of American history," in the item description on gunbroker.com, an online auction website for firearms.

"The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012," the description for the item says, noting that Zimmerman was just returned the gun by the Justice Department."

Is he right/wrong to do this?
Is it unethical?

Link here:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/george-zimmerman-auctioning-off-gun-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/article/2591112

I see it as unethical.

It's glorifying and profiteering from a death, even if it was in self-defense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending