The Student Room Group

insurance

im not really sure whats happening, when i use comparison websites the lowest ive gotten is £2850 for a hyundai i10 in lowest insurance group (with black box and ive had to buy this policy as i have no choice) but ive noticed now that when i go on some company websites such as LV, they say "Sorry we cant give you quote" or Ticker who I really wanted to try as they are known for cheap quotes. Is it because I just passed like last week? is it my credit score (which isnt even that bad, its decent)

im so confused and especially for a car which i bought for £1000 im paying way too much to insure
Reply 1
You are now at the highest ever risk of killing someone or injuring someone so that they need 24/7 care for the rest of their lives.

Sadly it is not you but every other incompetent and selfish driver out there who has maimed or killed others shortly after passing their test. You have the confidence to move the car but your ability and confidence are not on the same page. When you drive solo there is no one sat with you telling you to slow down or acting as a safety net.

You might be brilliant at all of your driving skills, but the insurer doesn't know this. All that they know is that some wise guy 17 year old shows off, drives too fast and kills and injures their mates big time. Why should you be any different?

Does this have anything to do with your insurance premium - yes it does.
Reply 2
i guess that makes sense but its just a little bit annoying seeing people my age / younger getting insurance for a lot less

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending