The Student Room Group

Can I still get an A* in OCR Latin if I start revising now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nega166
same, although I think (fingers crossed) I got 100 in both languages, Pliny could go either way tbh. To secure it I'll need around 37+ in Virgil I guess. Think it's doable with around 2 hours revision? I'm planning not to learn the translation, but rather learn the story in English really well and know what happens, and learn literary analysis like the back of my hand. Maths will have to take a backseat lol

yeah good plan, I might do the same
Reply 21
Original post by asox
yeah good plan, I might do the same

let's face it, you won't be able to memorise the whole translation in 1 night, so may as well learn literary rly well so you can ace the 2/4/10 markers and learn the storyline extremely well so you can ace the 1/2/3/8 markers, leaving a loss of 5 marks for translation (which you might get anyway if you remember the english)
Reply 22
Original post by nega166
let's face it, you won't be able to memorise the whole translation in 1 night, so may as well learn literary rly well so you can ace the 2/4/10 markers and learn the storyline extremely well so you can ace the 1/2/3/8 markers, leaving a loss of 5 marks for translation (which you might get anyway if you remember the english)

yeah although Virgil is hard to guess translate because its so damn weird...and you need to quote/translate latin for the 10 marker?
Reply 23
Original post by asox
yeah although Virgil is hard to guess translate because its so damn weird...and you need to quote/translate latin for the 10 marker?

learning the literar for every line will allow you to remember it. Also you don't actually need to translate the latin, it's not on markschemes, as long as you develop it accurately so it looks like you know what ur on about you'll get full

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending