The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone whose previously applied to newcastle if you could be of help:

(Original post by Newcastle University) Hi, Graduates can apply to A100 but the entry requirements will remain the same. However, A Levels and GCSEs aren't taken into account for the accelerated A101 course. Hope that helps The 2018 MBBS Admissions Policy is here: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/media/wwwnclacu...uly%202017.pdf Persephone

I have seen this posted by newcastle uni, however i've spoken to their admissions who informed me that A-levels were not looked at for grads applying to their 5 year course, can anyone clarify which information was wrong?
I am graduating in 2018 from Biomedical sciences, however have decided to apply to Czech Republic and also the four year graduate entry programme Poznan in Poland. I have heading to the exhibition at the royal society of medicine on Sunday as Poznan are going to be there. May be a backup option if you are interested.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/md-expo-london-2017-tickets-33523035301
Reply 202
Has anybody any replies for interviews etc?

When should we be expecting replies? I know i keep on reading and hearing Nov-March but surely there is a peak time to hear back replies? It has been one week that the universities have the ukcat results.
Original post by MZI3
Has anybody any replies for interviews etc?

When should we be expecting replies? I know i keep on reading and hearing Nov-March but surely there is a peak time to hear back replies? It has been one week that the universities have the ukcat results.

It honestly just depends on the university, just check with them or on the websites?
I got offered an interview today at Cardiff, it seems as if GAMSAT unis are a bit quicker with it.
Reply 205
Original post by Kanedcm
I got offered an interview today at Cardiff, it seems as if GAMSAT unis are a bit quicker with it.

Well done! Hope it goes well :smile:

And thank you for letting me know

Haha yeah it’s just the next stage of stress.

No problem, best of luck!
Hi guys just looking for a little bit of advice.
I am filling in the Nottingham work experience form. I did a biomedical sciences degree in 2014 and I am currently in my final year of my nursing degree. I had jobs in hospitals before I started my nursing degree and I obviously have had many placements. Do I put all the placements I have done on this sheet, that will come out to about 12 different work experience placements or should I just pick the most recent or my favourites?
TIA
Original post by animepandabear
Hi guys just looking for a little bit of advice.
I am filling in the Nottingham work experience form. I did a biomedical sciences degree in 2014 and I am currently in my final year of my nursing degree. I had jobs in hospitals before I started my nursing degree and I obviously have had many placements. Do I put all the placements I have done on this sheet, that will come out to about 12 different work experience placements or should I just pick the most recent or my favourites?
TIA

You're best off calling them or posting in the Notts thread.
Original post by alfresco_
You're best off calling them or posting in the Notts thread.

Thanks. I've looked for a Notts thread to no avail. Don't suppose you've found it?
Thanks. I've looked for a Notts thread to no avail. Don't suppose you've found it?

I haven't applied there so I'm not sure but there definitely should be one
Original post by alfresco_
I haven't applied there so I'm not sure but there definitely should be one

Thank you anyway. I rang them and there isn't a upper limit, in case others have the same question.
Reply 212
Thank you anyway. I rang them and there isn't a upper limit, in case others have the same question.

Hi,

Thanks for updating the rest of us. I'm in a similar boat. I completed the NHS STP scheme and did a whole range of smaller placements.

So i might just put it in as one experience but explain the different areas in the comments whilst breaking the placements down a bit as well.
Hello everyone!! I am a first year studying graduate entry medicine at Warwick - I have a YouTube channel where I talk about all things related to GEM). If you have any questions at all, please feel free to message me on here or over twitter (@joanne_m_rose) or on instagram (https://www.instagram.com/jo_journey_to_medicine ) - Good luck everyone!! :smile:
has Glasgow given out rejections yet?
Original post by rachyyyy
has Glasgow given out rejections yet?

Pre or post interview?

I don’t think post interview rejections are released until March. Not sure about pre-interview.
Hi, anyone who would like to practice for interviews by calling/video calling?

I'm looking at MMIs and applying to St George's in paticular.

Latest

Trending

Trending