The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

RETAKE YEAR??? - Help Please

Just wondering...I'm in third year at Derby uni and feel I haven't really done my best, have already failed one thing, I can retake it but I know I'm only gonna end up with a third overall (which is still great as its a pass), but I know I can do better.

Does anyone know if you can retake a uni year even if technically you have passed, or do I have to drop out before I get my grade back?

Also if I can retake, are students already at the uni easily able to retke that year easily the following year or would I have had to re-apply???

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. xx
Reply 1
Original post by Derby301913
Just wondering...I'm in third year at Derby uni and feel I haven't really done my best, have already failed one thing, I can retake it but I know I'm only gonna end up with a third overall (which is still great as its a pass), but I know I can do better.

Does anyone know if you can retake a uni year even if technically you have passed, or do I have to drop out before I get my grade back?

Also if I can retake, are students already at the uni easily able to retke that year easily the following year or would I have had to re-apply???

Thanks in advance if anyone can help. xx

You would really need to speak to your personal tutor/someone from your course.

I'll be joining Derby to retake from 2nd year but completed 1st year and started 2nd year at another uni. I had to do the whole UCAS application again though. And I think they only let you re-sit depending on circumstances? Though not sure think it just depends on the uni's rules.

Will you end up with a 3rd overall or just in that module? Unless you have a valid reason they will just assume you were being lazy or something like that.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending