The Student Room Group

Maximum years at university

Hi. Thanks in advance for any help. I’m not asking whether I SHOULD do this, but what is possible. So I have studied four years at university, foundation and first year and then failed second year retook and dropped out. So I have four years in total, the last two of which I have compelling personal reasons for. I am now at a new university On a new course first year. I am hoping I’m not going to have to retake the year but I am once again struggling with health. If I do intermit, what’s the maximum number of years you can take to complete an undergraduate degree, considering I’ve changed degrees and universities and have two accepted CPR years? I am aware I might not get a 3rd CPR year accepted, and I know that means if I retake I will have to pay for two years myself which is fine, however is it even possible to retake at all in my situation ? Thank you. I know I sound stupid and “why am I still trying”, but I did previously successfully complete two years and am a lot better than I was. Thank you in advance
Original post by user12263748
Hi. Thanks in advance for any help. I’m not asking whether I SHOULD do this, but what is possible. So I have studied four years at university, foundation and first year and then failed second year retook and dropped out. So I have four years in total, the last two of which I have compelling personal reasons for. I am now at a new university On a new course first year. I am hoping I’m not going to have to retake the year but I am once again struggling with health. If I do intermit, what’s the maximum number of years you can take to complete an undergraduate degree, considering I’ve changed degrees and universities and have two accepted CPR years? I am aware I might not get a 3rd CPR year accepted, and I know that means if I retake I will have to pay for two years myself which is fine, however is it even possible to retake at all in my situation ? Thank you. I know I sound stupid and “why am I still trying”, but I did previously successfully complete two years and am a lot better than I was. Thank you in advance

Hi there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. If you have used up your years of finance, you would need to provide new CPR evidence to be reviewed when you apply. Are you applying for 24/25 September?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. If you have used up your years of finance, you would need to provide new CPR evidence to be reviewed when you apply. Are you applying for 24/25 September?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi! Thanks for your response. Yes I would be 24/25; I have two years left of funding, as I’ve used 4 and have 2 CPR. I have evidence I’m pretty certain would be accepted for another year of CPR meaning I’d have to find 1 year, however is there not a rule about how many times you can intermit or retake? This would be my third time
Hi user12263748,

There's not a limit on how many times you can apply for CPR to fund additional years of study

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi user12263748,

There's not a limit on how many times you can apply for CPR to fund additional years of study

Thanks,
Calum

Hi, thanks. It’s just I’ve read somewhere and heard from my student Union that although you can apply for unlimited CPR, there is a maximum number of years you can take to complete an undergraduate degree, and a maximum number of times you can intermit or retake. What are the rules on this please? Thank you
Hi user12263748,

We don't have any claim limits for CPR although our assessors do have the discretion to make someone ineligible for further funding due to being unfit for study if they are continually nor progressing.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending