The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by childofthesun
You'd choose a dog's life over a human's?(assuming the human here was a good person)

I know you're not asking me but I would choose MY dog's life over a human's... Dogs have as much of a right to live as a human... All animals have just as much of a right to live.
What's wrong with having pets?
Original post by Malayali Ali
Put their elderly parents in a home but keep animals in their home.

Why they are doin these fings?
Troll troll troll troll troll.

Good enough English to use 'their' correctly and in italics.
Feigned poor colloquial English with the use of 'doin' and 'fings'.

Account and obvious username created last 48 hrs, aimed at provoking a defensive reaction from people who identify themselves as 'western culture' whilst simultaneously attempting to identify the 'immigrant' cultural norms as superior.

Who do dis? Is you Asian innit, or are you extreme right-wing/xenophobic protagonist or IS propagandist?

Or most likely, are you simply just a sad, acne-ridden and jealous Billy no-mates?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
You'd choose a dog's life over a human's?(assuming the human here was a good person)

Personally, I think those who don't care about the wellbeing of animals and those who place it above that of humans are both lunatics.
Reply 24
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Since when is providing a pet a loving home a bad thing?

I can't stand douches like you who think animals are nothing but dumb burdens to the world and so don't deserve a home..

You practically leaped to that conclusion lol.
Reply 25
I have no respect for people like that.
Reply 26
Both are cute but both **** everywhere.
Original post by Tom78
You practically leaped to that conclusion lol.

Reply 28
People who choose animals over parents? Wow a new low for them. Fair enough, some people don't have the best parents and caused them to have a **** life, but they are still your parents! I would never put my parents in a home and if they required care, a live in nurse :h: never a home. **** no!
Original post by ZuluK
People who choose animals over parents? Wow a new low for them. Fair enough, some people don't have the best parents and caused them to have a **** life, but they are still your parents! I would never put my parents in a home and if they required care, a live in nurse :h: never a home. **** no!

If parents give you a crap life then they don't deserve to be called a parent and they certainly don't deserve respect. You earn respect and if a child was abused all its life by its parents and then chose an animal that will give it unconditional love isn't a new low.
Original post by RobML
Personally, I think those who don't care about the wellbeing of animals and those who place it above that of humans are both lunatics.

I agree. I'm a vegetarian myself, but still not deluded enough to think that the life of an animal is equal to or more than a human's.
I agree. I'm a vegetarian myself, but still not deluded enough to think that the life of an animal is equal or more than a human's.

French Italians and vegetarians *high five
French Italians and vegetarians *high five

? Lol
? Lol

I think I got you mixed with someone else. Whoops :colondollar:

We're still veggies so *high five.
Reply 34
If parents give you a crap life then they don't deserve to be called a parent and they certainly don't deserve respect. You earn respect and if a child was abused all its life by its parents and then chose an animal that will give it unconditional love isn't a new low.

Parents who abuse their children are horrible humans. But in their old age, when they are unable to care for themselves, the child shouldn't forsake them. They should look after the parent and help them. The child shouldn't end up with regrets once the parent has passed. It's difficult but no I don't agree animals should be put in front of parents, no matter how bad.

I think this will be a case of, lets agree to disagree.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
You aint seriously implyin dat animals are on a level pegging to humans? The people dat raised you since you was a baby, are they really equal to a volatile, wild, smelly mutt? Animals are mostly to be eaten isn't it?

oh ****
my logic is showing
Reply 36
@ op - would you look after your parents or would you (assuming you are male) get someone else to look after them for you eh wife or sister? Have you ever actually looked after anyone full time? It's a very difficult and demanding job. And actually elderly people can be incredibly abusive and manipulative. I wish I could say I would look after my dad but he's so unkind and abusive I would honestly find it very difficult.
Original post by Pascjha
@ op - would you look after your parents or would you (assuming you are male) get someone else to look after them for you eh wife or sister? Have you ever actually looked after anyone full time? It's a very difficult and demanding job. And actually elderly people can be incredibly abusive and manipulative. I wish I could say I would look after my dad but he's so unkind and abusive I would honestly find it very difficult.

The males in our family would look after them when then aren't at work. Obviously there is a premium on us going out and being the primary breadwinners as we aren't gay. The women naturally would be the dominant caregivers because in our culture they do all the softer skills; its just how men/women are designed isn't it? I aint gonna criticise the behaviour of my own olds as they are my own flesh and fukin blood get me. Even if they are difficult they're isn't really anything I would above them apart from maybe ma car, ma fone or ma clothes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pascjha

This! Elderly people, even if they never used to be, can be very cruel and manipulative. Sometimes age and illness can make a person bitter. My grandmother is blind and frail but she makes living with her very difficult, to the point of making my own mum breakdown crying almost weekly.
Reply 39
You aint seriously implyin dat animals are on a level pegging to humans? The people dat raised you since you was a baby, are they really equal to a volatile, wild, smelly mutt? Animals are mostly to be eaten isn't it?

Are you being serious? I hope you're joking. Everything you say sounds like a joke involving stereotypes of Eastern men (you are definitely living up to a stereotype right now)... And also you sound like Ali G or Borat... Must be a joke.

But if not I would save an animal over your life any day.

Like a previous person said, you should be wiped off the face of the earth, the world would be ever so slightly better without you (only slightly as you're not very significant).

Humans are animals, people like to forget that. Objectively, we are no more important than non-human animals. I would save my pet over a stranger I don't know. Of course, when it's someone you love that changes.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest