The Student Room Group

HSC Graduate intern Belfast 2021

Did anyone else apply for the graduate intern scheme in the Belfast trust? I did my interview almost 3 weeks ago and am yet to hear back😬 I have emailed them and have told they have not decided in the outcomes yet. Should I be worried?
Thanks!
Hi I had an interview 3 weeks ago and they told me I’d hear back within the week and still nothing but perhaps they received more applications than expected so it’s taking them a little longer :smile:
Reply 2
Hi, I also had my interview about three weeks ago and they told me it could take up to a month to hear anything back! Hope that helps!
Just received an email today stating I’ve been placed on a waiting list until 2022 and that I will be notified if any jobs come up for me between now and then. Hope you guys had better news.
Reply 4
Hey.
I got offered a place in adult and older people's services in the Belfast Trust.

Has anyone else heard where they're placed?
Reply 5
I got onto the 2021/22 internship scheme and i am considering leaving it. It has cause nothing but unhappiness for me and not what i expected. I am given mundane tasks and i hate it i am not learning, my boss is a nightmare so rude and micromanaging me and gets defensive that i am now intimidated by her. Anyone had similar experiences?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Cathy10
I got onto the 2021/22 internship scheme and i am considering leaving it. It has cause nothing but unhappiness for me and not what i expected. I am given mundane tasks and i hate it i am not learning, my boss is a nightmare so rude and micromanaging me and gets defensive that i am now intimidated by her. Anyone had similar experiences?

Hi Cathy,

I STILL haven't started. Can't understand the hold up.

How are things now?
Reply 7
Hi i left the scheme it is not what you think. I wonder why you havent started since so many left it already. What trust were you looking to get into? I was Western Trust but waste of time. I was so annoyed i left and i shouldve reported my manager but i felt intimidated and didnt know what the consequences would be for reporting
Reply 8
Original post by MJP1992
Hi Cathy,

I STILL haven't started. Can't understand the hold up.

How are things now?

Hi you can read my response below
Reply 9
Original post by Cathy10
Hi i left the scheme it is not what you think. I wonder why you havent started since so many left it already. What trust were you looking to get into? I was Western Trust but waste of time. I was so annoyed i left and i shouldve reported my manager but i felt intimidated and didnt know what the consequences would be for reporting

God that's terrible. Sorry to hear that.
I was the bfast Trust
Reply 10
Original post by MJP1992
God that's terrible. Sorry to hear that.
I was the bfast Trust

Yeah was so bad. Are you still waiting on it
Original post by Cathy10

I’m having a similar experience so far up in the Belfast Trust! My managers contradict themselves constantly and it seems rules apply to some people but not to others. They are very strict and I am not allowed any flexibility compared to the other interns I’ve met.

What department were you working for in the Western Trust? I’m in Cancer Services.
Reply 12
Hi i left my internship i couldnt stick it, i was down in trust headquarters in Altnagelvin in the medical directorate
I left mine recently too - I was in Belfast trust.
Reply 14
Original post by belfast123
I left mine recently too - I was in Belfast trust.

Hi what made you leave?
Reply 15
Original post by Trokeinabox
I’m having a similar experience so far up in the Belfast Trust! My managers contradict themselves constantly and it seems rules apply to some people but not to others. They are very strict and I am not allowed any flexibility compared to the other interns I’ve met.

What department were you working for in the Western Trust? I’m in Cancer Services.

Ive a response below
Does anyone have any tips for interview? I have mine coming up soon!!
Original post by Cathy10

Sorry to hear about your time..I was wondering if you could offer me any advice on possible questions they may ask? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending