The Student Room Group

Ocr (mei) D1

Did anyone else take this exam today? What did you think of it?

I thought it was ok, but in talking to my classmates afterwards it appears I got the linear programming question wrong :s-smilie: Otherwise, I think it was ok, better than the jan 07 paper which i did yesterday and totally freaked out about.
linear programming:
i think x was 6.8 and y was 0.6. or was it the other way round?
the total was 15.4
Reply 2
yeah, I got 63, so i'm thinking I got it worng. My classmates all said what you have :wink: I think I must have misread one of the inequalities. Oh well, it was only 6 marks or something, wasn't it?
yeah i always find linear programming really dodgy. I always get the wrong inequalities- Luckily for me the inequalities were given in the question.
The rest of the paper wasnt bad.
Reply 4
yea thats exactly what i got for the linear programming.

what did you think of the critical path analysis question? i thought the first bit was ok, pretty standard, but think i did it wrong when his mate was getting involved!!
also, what u put for the minimal distance thing, where u had to state an application for a longer minimal distance or something? sorry if i sound confusing.
application - i said something about maximising journey time for vehicles that provide service (eg. limos) then went on to say that taxi drivers could use it to increase profit on journeys.
Reply 7
On the critical paths, did you final box come to 18?

what did everyone put for the simulation question?
Reply 8
The exam overall seemed to go okay, finished with plenty of time to spare, though there were a few iffy wordy questions. I got 15.4 for the linear programming question. For the simulation, I got an average of 3/7 in terms of dry days.

Though that question on minimum maximum routes was really strangely worded, as for applications, I didn't have a clue...

- Jeff
Reply 9
Could someone please explain what the question on djikstra was all about? I understood the first part where you just find the minimum route. What were the second and third part asking? I just found the longest route, but I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
Reply 10
damn I put down 4/10 for the simulation dry days question and then simplified it to 2/5
for the simulation average dry days question i had 1/7 =S.....
i only had one "dry" for the 7 days...=(

Latest