The Student Room Group

About pills

I know this question is a bit naive, I'm a guy, I would like to get some pills for my girlfriend because she seem like tuning out of it, however, I don't know where can I buy it? In a chemist or it given as Prescription through the GP?
What kind of pills they will given and what's the different between each?
I just want to protect my girlfriend, I'm waiting for the answers.
She's 17
I'm 17 and on "The Pill" and I got it as a prescription through the doctors. However the reason I first went on the pill was because I have abnormally heavy and painful periods so I don't know if you could get it if the primary reason for getting it is to prevent pregnancy. Your girlfriend and her doctor needs to have a conversation about it and if she can't get it as a prescription you might be able to get some elsewhere. The only reasons the doctor won't let your girlfriend on the pill is if she has high blood pressure (shell be at risk of having a stroke) or if she gets migraines* (I don't know why this is but the first brand of pills I was on made my migraines worse so they had to change them ASAP. The brand I'm on now work fine for me but if they had the same effect I wouldn't be allowed on the pill).

*by migraines I don't mean bad headaches, they are completely different (and worse) to headaches.

I hope everything goes okay for you! :smile:
What does "she seem like tuning out of it" mean?

If you mean contraceptive pills, you can't get them for her - she has to see a doctor or nurse practitioner. They will ask her various questions and check a couple of things and then talk with her about what she'd like to do.

If you mean something to affect her sex drive, then again it's her that needs to do something if she wants to, but AFAIK there is nothing that's approved in the UK to increase women's sex drive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending