The Student Room Group

What do I do if I don't get enough on my A Levels?

I am currently nearing the end of college, and there is a possibility that I want get the grades I need to get to a decent university for History of Art. I have heard it is a very competitive industry for Museums/Galleries.

Not many Uni's do Art History in the first place, and the ones that do often require at least ABB.

Does anyone know of courses with lower requirements, or if there are other Art History qualifications I could apply to if A Levels don't go as planned?
Reply 1
Original post by L.White
I am currently nearing the end of college, and there is a possibility that I want get the grades I need to get to a decent university for History of Art. I have heard it is a very competitive industry for Museums/Galleries.

Not many Uni's do Art History in the first place, and the ones that do often require at least ABB.

Does anyone know of courses with lower requirements, or if there are other Art History qualifications I could apply to if A Levels don't go as planned?

Have you already applied and are you holding offers?

What grades do you think you might achieve (note that students are notoriusly bad a self-predicting grades... :wink: )?

You can search for course by entry requirements here:
http://www.whatuni.com/degree-courses/search?subject=art-history&entry-level=a-level&entry-points=0a*-0a-1b-2c-0d-0e&rf=g&sort=enta

You can also see course rankings by entry requirements:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?o=Entry+Standards&s=History+of+Art%2c+Architecture+%26+Design
Reply 2
I am doing a gap year, and will apply this year. Currently the worst I think I could get is around BCD, going up to maybe BBC, BBB if I'm lucky. Do not have the option to resit.
Reply 3
Original post by L.White
I am doing a gap year, and will apply this year. Currently the worst I think I could get is around BCD, going up to maybe BBC, BBB if I'm lucky. Do not have the option to resit.

I presume you mean you *will* be "doing a gap year"?

Well wait and see what you actually get on Results Day. You'll then have plenty of time to consider the best next steps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending