The Student Room Group

OCR geology unit 5 2016

Scroll to see replies

Can any one tell me the essay questions and the main topics please
Original post by Beth890xxx
Can any one tell me the essay questions and the main topics please

From the top of my memory one of them was on the change of graptolites and the other being on the volcanism theory and explaining how it could've caused the extinction of many species.

Also there is a graph which is technically incorrect since you need to draw some points on it and one goes off of it so don't panic if you get that. Might've been altered to be correct.

Other general topics I can remember:
Echinoids including adaptations and evolution
Trilobites including adaptations (there is a question which has what the mode of the life of a trilobite is, beware it's not on the curriculum so don't get caught out on the features).
Dating and whatever the borehole stuff with changing rocks was, stuff about what causes sequences to be out of phase.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Vikingninja
From the top of my memory one of them was on the change of graptolites and the other being on the volcanism theory and explaining how it could've caused the extinction of many species.

Also there is a graph which is technically incorrect since you need to draw some points on it and one goes off of it so don't panic if you get that. Might've been altered to be correct.

Other general topics I can remember:
Echinoids including adaptations and evolution
Trilobites including adaptations (there is a question which has what the mode of the life of a trilobite is, beware it's not on the curriculum so don't get caught out on the features).
Dating and whatever the borehole stuff with changing rocks was, stuff about what causes sequences to be out of phase.

Amazing thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending