The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Product Design 27th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starstudent7
Yes you do, I just covered all the content on this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Product-Design-Revision-Collins-Essentials/dp/1906415552

Ah thanks, but It's too late for me to get it now D:
Original post by Tasha_140
Ah thanks, but It's too late for me to get it now D:

I know sorry, I was just trying to tell you where I got the content from in case you had it or something.:smile: Are you ready for tomorrow? Good luck:smile:
Original post by starstudent7
I know sorry, I was just trying to tell you where I got the content from in case you had it or something.:smile: Are you ready for tomorrow? Good luck:smile:

Not too sure to be honest- I did well in the 2013 and 2014 papers, and I thought a lot of it was common sense, whereas the 2015 paper I thought was a lot more specific so I'm just trying to cram everything in for tomorrow xD

Also, a lot of my answers my teacher gave me marks for weren't in the mark scheme - so is the mark scheme just a rough guide in product design? Because that would make more sense

And good luck to you too! ^^
Not too sure to be honest- I did well in the 2013 and 2014 papers, and I thought a lot of it was common sense, whereas the 2015 paper I thought was a lot more specific so I'm just trying to cram everything in for tomorrow xD

Also, a lot of my answers my teacher gave me marks for weren't in the mark scheme - so is the mark scheme just a rough guide in product design? Because that would make more sense

And good luck to you too! ^^

Surprisingly I found the 2015 one easier than the others maybe because I got such a high mark of 105/120 which was a really high A* and I was hoping ours is similar.:biggrin: But I agree about the mark scheme being a rough guide as the marks awarded are based solely on the marker themselves according to my teacher.:smile: Hopefully tomorrow's exam is based more on common sense, I really need an a*!:smile: What did you get in your c.a?
I got full marks so fingers crossed that will help me if I don't do so well in the exam! I really want an A* too :biggrin: And okay, that's reassuring that the mark scheme is only rough as that makes sense why I thought I did much worse in the 2015 as I did it at home based solely off the mark scheme. If you have Kik or anything like that we could revise now before the exam and test eachother if you want?
How did everyone find it? What did you all put for the second symbol one where it was a cross with 4 colours in either section?
I didn't put anything and I can't find it anywhere! It's normally on juice cartons I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rangzii
I didn't put anything and I can't find it anywhere! It's normally on juice cartons I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I remember seeing it on cartons when I was little but I don't have a clue what it is and it's no where on the Internet??
I guessed maybe it was the CYMK printing code?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone who sat that exam at my school didn't know most of the things on the paper, and we all have the same teacher who didn't do much theory with us. We've probably failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
How did everyone find it??
Original post by SkyeAmber
How did everyone find it? What did you all put for the second symbol one where it was a cross with 4 colours in either section?

I thought it was like a quality control thing to check all the colours had printed? Probably not though😂
Reply 52
What a great exam, no evil questions apart from the second packaging symbol
IT was hard
I ran out of time so didn't get to finish it all..
For that second packaging question I just said that it was to check that all the ink levels were OK and the quality of the colour is good (I guessed)
Anyone up for doing a mark scheme?
Original post by Rangzii
Everyone who sat that exam at my school didn't know most of the things on the paper, and we all have the same teacher who didn't do much theory with us. We've probably failed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!
I've found the symbol! - Well, I asked my dad and he told me but yeah! It's to do with print registration.. Look it up on Wikipedia ;D
Reply 57
I recognised the second symbol but i guessed that it was something to do with CMYK?!
I got full marks so fingers crossed that will help me if I don't do so well in the exam! I really want an A* too :biggrin: And okay, that's reassuring that the mark scheme is only rough as that makes sense why I thought I did much worse in the 2015 as I did it at home based solely off the mark scheme. If you have Kik or anything like that we could revise now before the exam and test eachother if you want?

Wow that's so good.:smile: Sorry I just saw your post now but how did you find the exam? I thought it was good but not brilliant.:smile:
do you guys remember any questions/answers that came in this paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending