York
Reply 1
This has probably been mentioned before but the degree system works like this:

First Class
Upper Second Class (2:1)
Lower Second Class (2:2)
Third Class
Fail

Now, in my university it works that if you get a First you have scored 70% or higher, a 2:1 is 60-70% and so on, until below 40% is a fail.

If you have a foreign degree, they'll look at your equivelant.
University of York
York
Reply 2
elianna
Hi!

I'm a student from Canada and I was thinking of going into the Master of Medieval Studies programme at York. I only have one question and I hope that someone can help me with it.
What exactly does "upper second-class honours" mean? Is it a degree? or simply a grade? I have a GPA of 3.09 out of 4, so do I qualify?

Any help will make me extremely happy, especially if it means I can go study in England next year! :smile:

Thanks!
Elianna

What's a GPA?
Reply 3
++Hex++
What's a GPA?
Grade point average I think?
Reply 4
Adhsur
Grade point average I think?

Yes. A - 4.0, B - 3.0, C - 2.0, D - 1.0, E or F - 0.0 (from http://www.edupass.org/english/glossary.phtml).
Reply 5
if you are the same as the US grading system I would describe you as pretty borderline2:2/2:1. Lots of people say that 3.0 is 2:1 minimum but you will have to ask the admissions tutor. Good luck
Reply 6
Depends on how competative the course is. If it's very competative, by 2i they usually mean GPA of 3.6 or above. However, if it's not very competative then you may be OK with a 3.09

Latest

Trending

Trending