The Student Room Group

America trip for 21st

so I'm planning on going to america for my birthday next year, Ive always wanted to go there and have not yet been. my question is where do you think I should go? go to San Francisco (I dont know why I just have a real urge of wanting to go there) followed by Las Vegas or New York followed by Vegas? Im going with family and also probably a mate if he can get the money together. we are thinking about going in May time. Im aware Vegas isn't exactly a family friendly city but everyone will be over 21 anyway, plus I want to go there and take trips to places like hoover dam, the grand canyon etc so won't be in the city constantly.

so where would you go?

San Fran or New York?

Cheers!
Original post by Tom2596
so I'm planning on going to america for my birthday next year, Ive always wanted to go there and have not yet been. my question is where do you think I should go? go to San Francisco (I dont know why I just have a real urge of wanting to go there) followed by Las Vegas or New York followed by Vegas? Im going with family and also probably a mate if he can get the money together. we are thinking about going in May time. Im aware Vegas isn't exactly a family friendly city but everyone will be over 21 anyway, plus I want to go there and take trips to places like hoover dam, the grand canyon etc so won't be in the city constantly.

so where would you go?

San Fran or New York?

Cheers!

san Fran as the different between the cities is about 1400 miles with 600 for san Fran and new york at 2,000 or more
Reply 2
San Fran is nice rather cold and windy though.. not particularly much to do there but you can easily get to most places in the bay area =]
NYC lots to do and see but by god it will blow a hole in your wallet.

Basically NYC is more chic and modern and SF comes over as more indy and what not.

Quick Reply

Latest