The Student Room Group

CAN I DO IT? (turn pro) football

I am a 17 yr old player and i have ambitions and hope of being scouted by a major premier league club,i honestly think that i am capable as people who have seen me play football constantly compare me with Messi .I undersand that scouts could have picked me a long time ago but i never went outside and showcased my ability infront of them. Is it to late for me to accomplish this goal ....... if Yes how could i get scouts to see me play?
BY THE WAY I JUST TURNED 17 !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robin567
I am a 17 yr old player

Sorry man, its pretty late now
Reply 2
Original post by theBranicAc
Sorry man, its pretty late now[/QU
even though i am as good as messi?
I am a 17 yr old player and i have ambitions and hope of being scouted by a major premier league club,i honestly think that i am capable as people who have seen me play football constantly compare me with Messi .I undersand that scouts could have picked me a long time ago but i never went outside and showcased my ability infront of them. Is it to late for me to accomplish this goal ....... if Yes how could i get scouts to see me play?
BY THE WAY I JUST TURNED 17 !

Not gonna lie, it can be a hit and miss as a person I know who has real talent didn't impress the scouts and he had his whole life set on it and it was pretty sad, I say keep at it but have a backup plan.
[QUOTE="robin567;66170789"]
Sorry man, its pretty late now[/QU

im pretty if you was 'as good as messi' you would already be scouted
Reply 5
[QUOTE="theBranicAc;66170819"]

im pretty if you was 'as good as messi' you would already be scouted

well i clearly stated that i havent showcased my ability infront of scouts
[QUOTE="robin567;66170857"]

well i clearly stated that i havent showcased my ability infront of scouts

well if your were soo good why didn't you?, didnt you want to become a footballer or what?
Try going to a Nike Academy trial. You have more chance there.
Reply 8
[QUOTE="theBranicAc;66170925"]

well if your were soo good why didn't you?, didnt you want to become a footballer or what?

focusing on studies
this thread is a waste of time
Best thing to do if you are deadset on being pro is go to grass roots football or look for a foreign scouting camps (America or similar), but nothing is guaranteed and especially you're too old for most scouts, join a Sunday league or very low league team, work your way up.
Reply 11
Original post by MasochistAnarchy
Best thing to do if you are deadset on being pro is go to grass roots football or look for a foreign scouting camps (America or similar), but nothing is guaranteed and especially you're too old for most scouts, join a Sunday league or very low league team, work your way up.

17 is not that old
17 is not that old

By footballing standards it is. You rarely hear of any pro that wasn't in an academy by 15 at the latest.
Reply 13
Original post by Drewski
By footballing standards it is. You rarely hear of any pro that wasn't in an academy by 15 at the latest.

i think age is not really the factor as long you have the ability to progress and be a star there is nothing really to worry about .
i think age is not really the factor as long you have the ability to progress and be a star there is nothing really to worry about .

Sadly, every scout and academy director out there disagrees with you.
Yeah if you're good enough you can still become pro.

I kinda know someone who's been scouted by several prem clubs. Link below.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/leicester-believe-they-have-already-found-the-next-jamie-vardy/
Reply 16
Original post by Drewski
Sadly, every scout and academy director out there disagrees with you.

well that is your opinion check the chelsea and arsenal website they mention that they scout players within the range of 9 -18 so.....
well that is your opinion check the chelsea and arsenal website they mention that they scout players within the range of 9 -18 so.....

Yeah, the 18yr olds are being scouted from other academies...
Reply 18

lols
Reply 19
Original post by Drewski
Yeah, the 18yr olds are being scouted from other academies...

they get signed from other academies.trials are offered to those with talent and i think i am talented so by 18 i think ill make my pro debut

Quick Reply

Latest