The Student Room Group

Changing from full time to part time studies

There is two weeks left until I commence my full time master's program at Sussex but I have come to realise that I will have to work longer hours to meet up with expenses since everything has gotten so expensive and my personal circumstance took a turn for the worse a few months ago. I was wondering if anyone has any idea on whether the switch from full time to part time would take a long time?
I would hate to have to play catch up 😅
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Jackie321
There is two weeks left until I commence my full time master's program at Sussex but I have come to realise that I will have to work longer hours to meet up with expenses since everything has gotten so expensive and my personal circumstance took a turn for the worse a few months ago. I was wondering if anyone has any idea on whether the switch from full time to part time would take a long time?
I would hate to have to play catch up 😅

Just contact them now and ask if you can do that. Assuming the course is available part-time it should be an administrative process only.

Although if you're applying for a masters loan from SFE you will need to notify them and they will need to adjust your finance, as they pay it out pro-rata over the number of years the part-time course is if studying part-time. This may take longer to get sorted but shouldn't stop you beginning the course if you pay the initial fee liability.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending