The Student Room Group

What A - levels would work best for a Psychology and law degree

Hi everyone!
At the moment I am finalising my A-level choices which at the moment are:
-Psychology
-Maths
-English Literature
However, at my school they ask us to do 4 subjects and am deciding between economics, chemistry or biology. I was wondering if anyone with experience with these A-level subjects or a degree in either psychology and law could help me in deciding on the fourth option.
:smile:
Out of those options, I would go with Economics.

Your options seem a bit random though. Your opportunities in both the Sciences and the Arts will be limited. You only have one essay-based facilitating subject, and you'll only be able to go into a single field of science.

If you could, drop Psychology, pick up an essay-based facilitating subject, keep Maths, and take a Science subject that appeals to you. You'll have better access to both Science and Arts subjects.

You don't need Psychology A-level to do it at university. Whilst there are no specific subject requirements for Law, a number of universities advise students to take two essay-based facilitating subjects.
Reply 2
Hi thanks i was leaning toward economics as well. Although they seem random I co-ordinated them carefully and feel as though they complement eachother while allowing some room to change my mind but also dont mind not having a levels which fit the arts as im not interested in that area of the subjects. However, i will definitely take into consideration what you have said. Also aren't both english and psychology essay based subjects - i got the feeling that they were after researching them but again i guess it depends what exam board you have. Thanks again! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Glitterring
Hi everyone!
-Psychology
-Maths
-English Literature
However, at my school they ask us to do 4 subjects and am deciding between economics, chemistry or biology. I was wondering if anyone with experience with these A-level subjects or a degree in either psychology and law could help me in deciding on the fourth option.

Biology especially if you want to do the BS not BA
On thing about Law, they love history! Have you considered that?
Reply 4
Yea i think im now deciding between biology and economics! Yea i have thought about history but im not very good at it which is why i ruled it out -do you know if there is a difference in exam style between gcse history and a level history?
Thanks!
Original post by Glitterring
Hi everyone!
-Psychology
-Maths
-English Literature

I'd go with Biology. Law degrees don't tend to have any compulsory subjects, whereas Psychology ones do tend to want you to have a science. That being said, I regretted massively taking Biology at AS and wished I'd taken another social science like Politics or Economics.

Quick Reply

Latest