The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I don't know whether this just relates to my course or the Politics department, but the advice I got relating to reading lists was as follows:

"I could send you the Reading List (Module handbook) that we give students at the beginning of the year, but I'm usually inclined not to do this for a variety of reasons (it's far too long for what you need; it gives listings for every single topic within the module, it also includes all the details about the module in terms of assessment etc.). From experience, they are not the most straight forward documents to read if you don't have the right framework, which is what you get through the welcoming/introductory sessions of the first week of the term.

In the first week we hold a departmental bookshop where you'll be able to buy books at better prices (we buy and sell between students, between years; it's a non-profit bookshop)."

Hope this helps,

Cheers :-)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
at www.courses.hull.ac.uk you can do a search for the modules you wil be doing which many have some details of what books you will look at in the course. Dont take this as definative though, it is subejct to change.

If you dont know what modules you'll be studying in your first year, the naviagte through the Hull website main page www.hull.ac.uk to find your department page and there is usually a list on there. Then simply copy the titles (or there may be direct links already) to the search form and see what the content of the module will be.

Hope this helps xx

Latest