The Student Room Group

Any book recommendations-Tell me!

If anyone has any thriller/mystery/crime books or just any good books in general for a yr11, pls tell me!Thanks.
Reply 1
This isn't a mystery, thriller, or crime, but it is my favourite book of all time (so far). They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera. It made me see life from a totally different angle. Hope you get some good reccs!
Original post by evevevevev
This isn't a mystery, thriller, or crime, but it is my favourite book of all time (so far). They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera. It made me see life from a totally different angle. Hope you get some good reccs!

Thanks so much! I’ll definitely look into that!
im in year 11 too, and from what i've read:

the silent patient by alex michaelides is SO GOOD
the maidens (by the same author is also really good and the plot twist is INSANE)
verity by coleen hoover- im not really a huge fan of her books like some but that specific book was pretty good

i probably have more on my books list spreadsheet but i read way more sad and like mentally raw books than i do thrillers (i've got a lot of recs of thriller books on my books list, but ive never gotten round to buying and reading them- if u want i can still send you a list, because from what ive read about them they are VERY good). but i hope that helps!!
Original post by FM-LovesOxford
If anyone has any thriller/mystery/crime books or just any good books in general for a yr11, pls tell me!Thanks.

Recently I read The House in the Pines by Ana Reyes, it is kind of a murder mystery except that we know who did it the entire time, it is just a matter of the protagonist proving that she is not crazy. It also dives heavily into the topic of addiction, the main character is struggling with overcoming a prescription drug addiction that she has hidden from everyone in her life. It is a really good book but it does go kind of slow at the beginning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending