The Student Room Group

university preparation

I need some help finding a reading list for nursing, was just wondering if anyone has suggestions for what books to go for.
Reply 1
I don't know much about nursing, but I would start by looking at the modules I'll be taking and read about them to get intro exposure.
Reply 2
Original post by rowanatkinson
I need some help finding a reading list for nursing, was just wondering if anyone has suggestions for what books to go for.

Whatever's on the module reading lists, borrow them from the university library (many of which are also available in eBook form). Don't bother buying them - a lot of these books are expensive, you'll only use them for a few references over 3 years if that, and you'll be expected to be referencing the most up to date version. Added to that, you might be looking at a completely different book to what that uni uses - for example, I got hold of a copy of the Ross&Wilson A&P book over the summer before starting my nursing degree, and the department taught out of the Tortora&Derickson one which is in such a different format!
Original post by rowanatkinson

Hello @rowanatkinson

I hope you're well. Are you a current university student? If so, the academic team should be able to provide you with a reading list! Any booking containing human anatomy & physiology would definitely be helpful for a start!

Kind regards
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending