The Student Room Group

How much do you spend monthly on makeup?

Curious
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

£0.00. :colondollar:
Original post by saraxh
Curious

The square root of diddly squat.
Under £5 tbh

I buy a few nice shades of lipstick and they last me quite a long time, so I don't need to buy some every month. Same with mascara.

I've had the same one foundation bottle for the past year because I hardly ever use it. It removes the natural smoothness and glow from my skin.

I need concealer though, for really dark circles, and this amazing £3 one in Boots works and blends well into my skin without needing foundation.

I also need my Rosy Lips Vaseline!

And that's about it :-)
Reply 4
Honestly, I don't buy make up that often probably £40 a every two month without cost of foundation.
monthly £0
depends if i really need to buy makeup because my parents won't let me spend money on wasteful things :erm:
People spend money on makeup every month? :lolwut:

I only get makeup if I run out of it (most likely that is concealer or mascara) or if I find something I really like.
Monthly it runs up to about £0.00, but if I'm feeling super crazy and like splurging then sometimes it gets up to the £0.00 mark. I try to avoid those crazy months though, Lordy knows I can't afford all that. Besides I can get that pricey natural look by just...well, being natural.
Original post by Nimrahk123
Honestly, I don't buy make up that often probably £40 a every two month without cost of foundation.

That seems pretty often...and like a lot to spend.
£0

But I need to start using it :frown:
A lot. I love makeup :smile:
Reply 11
Honestly nothing. I rarely wear it except on dates, parties and nights out and even then I just go for the minimal - foundation, powder pat(lol is that what its called? I'm frigging clueless), some mascara and some lipstick/gloss. don't talk to me about contouring or primer or whatever else, I've never been an expert on make up. when i watch these tutorial vids i'm absolutely shocked by how much they have, how often they go shopping for make up and at all the make up terms that i've never heard of or what sort of brushes i'm supposed to be using. never knew there was so much science behind putting a bit of slap on...
Original post by sameehaiqbal
A lot. I love makeup :smile:

:yep:I thought I was the only one on here

Skincare however, about £60 every two months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by saraxh
Curious

zero point diddly squat
Reply 16
Original post by saraxh
Curious

I generally only buy new things when something runs out so probably between £5-£10 per month

p.s. make a poll ?
On average maybe £10-20
Some months I may go without buying any especially when at uni as I'm trying to save money and will only buy refills of stuff I've run out of. But sometimes I will buy new items if I feel like it and spend more.
(edited 7 years ago)
When I was filling my Z palettes I was spending more than I should have been. I've calmed down a bit now :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest