The Student Room Group

Clint Eastwood Slams ‘Pussy Generation’.

Scroll to see replies

He's right
Original post by inhuman
Shame he makes amazing movies though.

From Spaghetti westerns through Dirty Harry to Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino. Amazing what that guy did.

Oh and there are some funny twitter reactions to this starting with "In 1930s" or "When Eastwood was born" or something like.

He was a wonderful actor and director and Leone was a truly great director.

Doesn't stop him being a complete jerk on politics, but then why go to actors for political advice?
Reply 42
Original post by bassbabe
Don't even know who this bloke is ...

Seriously?
Original post by RickmanAlways
A FEW PEOPLE?! Like the comment he made about the mother of the soldier that died in war and said "shes not speaking because her religion doesnt let her".

when she was simply over whelmed by the over-life size posters of her dead son that she thought if she spoke she would break down into tears.

I dont know ANYONE who didn't think that was absolutely horrible! When i heard that on the radio i was absolutly agasht!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ghazala-khan-donald-trump-criticized-my-silence-he-knows-nothing-about-true-sacrifice/2016/07/31/c46e52ec-571c-11e6-831d-0324760ca856_story.html

Ok then
Eastwood is right. Right now what we have is a generation of women who don't know how to act like women, and men who don't know how to be men.
Original post by sleepysnooze
he's 100% right. the last time there was such a culture of offence, it was called the dark ages. this is almost like a new dark age.

What utter bilge, people have never had it so good...
Lol all the triggered lefties and liberals

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
well he's not wrong at all
Lol all the triggered lefties and liberals

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Back in my day weren't so politically correct" Back in your day you got pissy if a black person sat in the front of the bus, or drank from the white only drinking fountain.

Also, just because you say whats on your mind doesn't make you right or presidential material.
He comes from an era where white people would have a cry if a black person sat on the wrong bus. He's an idiot.

Original post by KimKallstrom
He's right
Have you read what he said?He thinks we are pussies because we call out racism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Robby2312
He does seem like a racist to be fair.However I think people should be allowed to say whatever they want short of inciting violence.If you begin to control what people can and cant say then how long is it until you're not allowed to even think certain things.Its totalitarian.

I mean... he did direct a film which basically illustrates why racism is really stupid... so I kinda doubt that.
Original post by Dom2375
"Back in my day weren't so politically correct" Back in your day you got pissy if a black person sat in the front of the bus, or drank from the white only drinking fountain.

Also, just because you say whats on your mind doesn't make you right or presidential material.

Somebody has been triggered by an observation from an actor from a state that never practised Jim Crow.
Popular speech does not need protection, unpopular speech does. Unfortunately the west is abandoning this basic humanistic principle in favour of self censorship and the entitlement to feel offended.

Cultural relativism and self censorship will inevitabely lead to regression. This is not some sort of conspiracy theory, this is a sociological fact.
Reply 54
Original post by jambojim97
Clint Eastwood is a horrible nasty racist sexist homophobic xenophobic transphobic misogynistic antisemitic bigot!!!!!!!!!!!

He is great then!!:colone:
Original post by KingBradly
I mean... he did direct a film which basically illustrates why racism is really stupid... so I kinda doubt that.

Which film was that? Tbh Im not really familiar with him.I mean obviously I've heard of him but I dont think Ive ever watched any of his movies.Anyway he said hes voting for trump in that article so that pretty much tells you all you need to know about him.
Which film was that?

Gran Torino I suppose.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Eastwood is right. Right now what we have is a generation of women who don't know how to act like women, and men who don't know how to be men.

There's no set requirement to be a proper man or a woman.Its not like you have to pass a test to be a proper man or woman.Men who cry are still men and Ive never understood why men shouldnt cry.If you cry when you sad then you're a human.Thats what humans do and to pretend that men dont have emotions is stupid and is probably why the suicide rate is so high.
Reply 58
Which film was that? Tbh Im not really familiar with him.I mean obviously I've heard of him but I dont think Ive ever watched any of his movies.Anyway he said hes voting for trump in that article so that pretty much tells you all you need to know about him.

Judging someone after having read a sentence he said in a magazine... Watch Gran Torino. :rolleyes:
Clint Eastwood is a legend. He is right - men are huge pussies today. He must feel pretty torn, seeing how things have regressed from his youth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending