The Student Room Group

A Level English Literature NEA - a thousand splendid suns and a doll's house?

I'm in year 12 and I've chosen to do a Thousand Splendid Suns paired with a Doll's House for my NEA (Non-examined assessment/coursework), does anyone have any ideas for questions that I could do for it? or has anyone studied these novels or done their coursework on them?
Hi I’m thinking of doing “a thousand splendid suns” too for my course work but I’m not sure yet what progress have you made because I’m struggling to think of something Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Hira1258
I'm in year 12 and I've chosen to do a Thousand Splendid Suns paired with a Doll's House for my NEA (Non-examined assessment/coursework), does anyone have any ideas for questions that I could do for it? or has anyone studied these novels or done their coursework on them?

Heyy I’m doing the exact same, if you’ve completed it or have any idea can you please help me out with these two because I’m not sure if I done a right choice with choosing them?
I studied A Dolls House it was one of my strongest texts and I was able to get band 5s in nearly all of my essays. For help on A Dolls House feel free to pm me : )

I have also read and studied The Kite Runner which is also by Khalid Hosseini, he does use the same themes in a majority of his texts. I think both A Dolls House and Hosseini's texts focus on feminism and a patriarchal male dictated society - in A Dolls House Nora is entrapped within a domestic sphere and has to act a certain way to fit in a male dominated world however the denouement of the play is extremely significant and there are many parts in the play where Nora shows rebellion such as the symbolism of the macaroons, she steps into the sphere of finance - a predominant male centred role - Nora's rebellion albeit limited shows a glimpse of Nora going against the morals of a patriarchal society, she no longer let's male dictatorship at the centre of her life as she 'slams' the door in the denouement, ultimately she slams the door on patriarchy.

I can honestly keep taking about A Dolls House - it's am amazing text for Literature, there are many literary features - symbolism, language, stage directions which are at the forefront when writing an essay about this novel.

Hope this is helpful. : )
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous36617
I studied A Dolls House it was one of my strongest texts and I was able to get band 5s in nearly all of my essays. For help on A Dolls House feel free to pm me : )

I have also read and studied The Kite Runner which is also by Khalid Hosseini, he does use the same themes in a majority of his texts. I think both A Dolls House and Hosseini's texts focus on feminism and a patriarchal male dictated society - in A Dolls House Nora is entrapped within a domestic sphere and has to act a certain way to fit in a male dominated world however the denouement of the play is extremely significant and there are many parts in the play where Nora shows rebellion such as the symbolism of the macaroons, she steps into the sphere of finance - a predominant male centred role - Nora's rebellion albeit limited shows a glimpse of Nora going against the morals of a patriarchal society, she no longer let's male dictatorship at the centre of her life as she 'slams' the door in the denouement, ultimately she slams the door on patriarchy.

I can honestly keep taking about A Dolls House - it's am amazing text for Literature, there are many literary features - symbolism, language, stage directions which are at the forefront when writing an essay about this novel.

omg thank you so much !!! I’m gonna pm you💕
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous36617

Hi is it too late to pm you? i could use some help with this text please
Reply 6
Original post by Hira1258

hey ive chosen the same books, i would really appreciate some help and i hope its not too late

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending