The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath uni accommodation

Hi, im trying to decide what to put at the top of my list - I quite like the Quads, Polden and Woodlands. Does anyone have any extra information or personal experiences because I can't decide which to put at the top.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Aims125
Hi, im trying to decide what to put at the top of my list - I quite like the Quads, Polden and Woodlands. Does anyone have any extra information or personal experiences because I can't decide which to put at the top.

hey, best of luck deciding, i am in the same position and there are a few websites with student reviews. everyone's experience is different but if you wanted to look here's a link to one of them
https://www.studentcrowd.com/best-halls-l1000368-s1008552-university_of_bath-bath
whereever u end up im sure u will have a lovely time!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Thank you for the link! What are you thinking of putting as your top choices?
Reply 3
Original post by Aims125
Thank you for the link! What are you thinking of putting as your top choices?

Probably woodland as it works out the cheapest but i might but down quads as well as i think i would use the food and drink credit eventually and it will be nice to have the ensuite. Polden looks so nice but its so expensive so im not sure. what non ensuite ones are you thinking of putting down?
Reply 4
Polden is my favourite by far because it is so nice and my parents have said it’s ok (bc my sibling goes to London so it’s still cheaper than that) and then probably quads. I need to have a look at the non-en-suite ones but I’m going to do that at some point this week I think :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Aims125
Polden is my favourite by far because it is so nice and my parents have said it’s ok (bc my sibling goes to London so it’s still cheaper than that) and then probably quads. I need to have a look at the non-en-suite ones but I’m going to do that at some point this week I think :smile:

If you can afford polden go for it, it looks so nice!! Fingers crossed u get it :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by mpharm2023
If you can afford polden go for it, it looks so nice!! Fingers crossed u get it :smile:

Oh for non-en-suite I think Norwood is my bottom choice because I’m a really light sleeper so the clubs twice a week would ruin my sleep lol
Reply 7
Original post by Aims125
Oh for non-en-suite I think Norwood is my bottom choice because I’m a really light sleeper so the clubs twice a week would ruin my sleep lol

same, i would not survive. Eastwood looks quite nice, are you going to put city ensuite above campus non ensuite cause that is what im not sure about atm
Reply 8
same, i would not survive. Eastwood looks quite nice, are you going to put city ensuite above campus non ensuite cause that is what im not sure about atm

I think I will put campus non en-suite above off campus en-suite because I feel like you need to be on campus first year to make friends and have the proper experience you know, but being off campus would make it harder
Reply 9
hey! I'm thinking about choosing similar options as you and was wondering if you worry about the social life in polden being not as good as other accoms
because from what i've heard its not as sociable

Also have you chosen between the shared bathroom options yet? I'm a bit lost on which ones would be better. Since our preferences seem to be similar I wanted some opinion :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
hey! I'm thinking about choosing similar options as you and was wondering if you worry about the social life in polden being not as good as other accoms

Also have you chosen between the shared bathroom options yet? I'm a bit lost on which ones would be better. Since our preferences seem to be similar I wanted some opinion :smile:

that’s my biggest concern about Polden too, but I also like my sleep lol, so I’m not sure if it being a bit quieter would be all bad, but I would rather sacrifice some sleep and have a more sociable flat. For shared bathroom I’ll probably go Eastwood or Westwood, I can’t remember the name of another, but definitely Norwood last because I don’t want to be above the SU
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 11

hii, polden is hard to judge cause I am pretty sure this is the first year they are accepting undergraduates, so its reputation of being quieter is because it has always been only postgrads who are a bit older. this year, whole blocks of the accomodation are being given to undergrads so everyone in ur flat will be undergrad! idk if that changes your perspective on things, best of luck
hii, polden is hard to judge cause I am pretty sure this is the first year they are accepting undergraduates, so its reputation of being quieter is because it has always been only postgrads who are a bit older. this year, whole blocks of the accomodation are being given to undergrads so everyone in ur flat will be undergrad! idk if that changes your perspective on things, best of luck

ooh that makes me lean more towards polden then
what are your choices in order? do u know much about eastwood and westwood?
Original post by Aims125
that’s mg biggest concern about Polden too, but I also like my sleep lol, so I’m not sure if it being a bit quieter would be all bad, but I would rather sacrifice some sleep and have a more sociable flat. For shared bathroom I’ll probably go Eastwood or Westwood, I can’t remember the name of another, but definitely Norwood last because I don’t want to be above the SU

then I think quads will be best for you!! if you don't mind the room being a bit smaller that is
I do think we can meet people from societies and stuff so maybe i'll enjoy a bigger room... this is really hard cuz i'm the most indecisive person lol
Reply 14

im still torn :frown: but so far i think
marls/sols/woodland
quads
maybe polden
eastwood
westwood
norwood
Reply 15

me too - Polden looks so nice! And there is a washing machine in the kitchens too which is really helpful, also the Quads rooms are tiny :frown:
Reply 16
then I think quads will be best for you!! if you don't mind the room being a bit smaller that is
I do think we can meet people from societies and stuff so maybe i'll enjoy a bigger room... this is really hard cuz i'm the most indecisive person lol

literally me too! Also the bed is a small double so I can reuse my sisters mattress topper lol
Reply 17
Does anyone know which accommodations are the most lively at bath that are on campus
Reply 18
Original post by Fredmo
Does anyone know which accommodations are the most lively at bath that are on campus

quads I think
Reply 19
Original post by Aims125
quads I think

Is the quads only catered

Quick Reply

Latest