The Student Room Group

Milo Yiannopoulos thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
He wants to open it up when it comes to mendacious libel (knowingly lying), in America you can say almost anything about famous people and it is unlikely they can do anything about it, it is possibly the one piece of libel I agree should be opened up.

In the US you can sue newspaper outlets for using false information that will tarnish someone's character if the newspaper is aware that the information is false, which I think is fair. As for Trump, he was, as always, vague when he said to 'open the libel laws' but he did say 'One of the things I'm going to do if I win, and I hope we do and we're certainly leading. I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles'. So even if they write a 'negative' article they can still be sued.
He's one sexy ****er who makes quite valid points.
Reply 62
Original post by Jeniecechantelle
Idk, but they are on her main twitter account, which if they were fake then I would have imagined she would have already deleted them?

If they've been re-tweeted a bunch of times though surely that wouldn't really help matters? ...I don't use Twitter though so I don't know how it works.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63
One tweet he had posted was fake (it is not known who created them)

The other tweets are legit and go straight to her Twitter page.

You have to admit it seems very convenient though...
Reply 64
Original post by John55
You have to admit it seems very convenient though...

What seems convenient? The harassment he supposedly incited was already ongoing and I dont think he knew it was fake, he knew Twitter were looking for a way to ban him and when you take a minute to look at the fake tweet he posted it was clearly fake and I don't think he is that stupid to post it knowingly.
he is a ****, pure and simple
I'm willing to debate this but who seriously thinks Yiannopoulos is not just a clown who wants to become rich and famous (goal sort of reached!)? who thinks this guy is a "thinker"? I'm quite fine with people who find him entertaining, I do sometimes. But I am baffled by those who think he's "intellectual" or w/e. Anything that he says is either misleading and based on half-truths (the things he says about the so-called gender "wage gap") or just flat out wrong (the things he says about the effects of migration in the US in particular).
He's brash and 'in your face' but I don't agree with how they try and silence his talks on campuses. Twitter is unable to shut down certain accounts but has no problem silencing right-leaning commentators. Interesting.
He's very funny, and more than a match for the regressive left.

For those that don't know him, here is a recent (pretty representative) quote:

“I keep getting accused of being a white supremacist. But if that’s the case, I must be the first black-dick-sucking white supremacist in history.”
He's very funny, and more than a match for the regressive left.For those that don't know him, here is a recent (pretty representative) quote:“I keep getting accused of being a white supremacist. But if that’s the case, I must be the first black-dick-sucking white supremacist in history.”
Reply 70
The only people worse than Milo, are his "fans".
Reply 71
He's kind of like Trump in a way, he knows his audience and he knows what they want to hear, and he's excellent at soundbites. He's also very open about the fact that him being gay is what helps him get away with a lot of what he says, he has a "minority group" card and won't get torn down as fast as a straight man would for saying the same things.

I do resent that he gets put on panels, like shock jockeys, with genuine academics who are trying to make a proper discussion. When he did his famous "Feminism is cancer" quote, it really steals away from people like Christina Hoff Sommers who is an intelligent woman who has made points about how working-class boys is a group that suffers a lot. She's isn't as adept at soundbites, though.
Who?

For those that don't know him, here is a recent (pretty representative) quote

:“I keep getting accused of being a white supremacist. But if that’s the case, I must be the first black-dick-sucking white supremacist in history.”
This website is becoming more and more of a joke.

It has now posted three versions of the same post I made. And I can't even delete them!
Original post by generallee
:“I keep getting accused of being a white supremacist. But if that’s the case, I must be the first black-dick-sucking white supremacist in history.”

I don't really have anything against him, as he's pretty much trolling everyone but his supporters aren't very bright. "I slept with a Black guy, therefore can't be racist" is a ridiculous quote for someone to be taking seriously. Slavers slept with (well, raped) Black women, that didn't make them non-racist.
Reply 76
Original post by generallee

For those that don't know him, here is a recent (pretty representative) quote

And it's stuff like that that shows how retarded humanity is. Slave owners also raped their black women. Just coz he sucks black dick, has no bearing on whether he is racist or not.

But stupid humans see and hear what they want and are like omfg this guy, what a hero!
Reply 77
Original post by WBZ144
I don't really have anything against him, as he's pretty much trolling everyone but his supporters aren't very bright. "I slept with a Black guy, therefore can't be racist" is a ridiculous quote for someone to be taking seriously. Slavers slept with (well, raped) Black women, that didn't make them non-racist.

Indeed.
Reply 78
What seems convenient? The harassment he supposedly incited was already ongoing and I dont think he knew it was fake, he knew Twitter were looking for a way to ban him and when you take a minute to look at the fake tweet he posted it was clearly fake and I don't think he is that stupid to post it knowingly.

He re-tweeted a tweet which was clearly fake without knowing it was fake... is what your telling me?

Anyhoo, I was just saying, convenient probably isn't the right word, more like, I just
highly doubt those tweets were hers, stuff like 'how can white people call themselves human' and calling for a genocide of homosexuals, you'd have thought that would have caused uproar at the time, but I guess you could argue that's proof of his point about there being a double standard...
Reply 79
Original post by WBZ144

Sexual preference and raping your slaves aren't exactly comparable...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending