The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by charlotte66
Hi, thanks for that, I decided to give them a call anyhow and was really pleased that they were able to offer a place, and also defer it to next year. So it can be done, just for info in case anyone else is interested!

I think it depends on the uni! Which is why I said no as not many unis will say yes. But congratulations!
Original post by Airmed
I think it depends on the uni! Which is why I said no as not many unis will say yes. But congratulations!

Thanks! I also think it depends who you get through to on the day, and if they are interested in filling places for next year as well.
Thanks! I also think it depends who you get through to on the day, and if they are interested in filling places for next year as well.

Is this course/university your most preferred choice of all the options available in the UK?

You may have a wider range of options available if you just applied normally in 2018 with your grades achieved. You would get unconditional offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Is this course/university your most preferred choice of all the options available in the UK?

You may have a wider range of options available if you just applied normally in 2018 with your grades achieved. You would get unconditional offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. At the moment it is my preferred course and Uni. I had to have a rethink after I got my results. I guess if I change my mind, which I don't think I will do, then I can reapply (and lose my deferred place).
Thanks. At the moment it is my preferred course and Uni. I had to have a rethink after I got my results. I guess if I change my mind, which I don't think I will do, then I can reapply (and lose my deferred place).

Yes - you would need to withdraw from your deferred place before re-applying via UCAS :smile:
Hi i know this is an old thread but im away on results day if i go into clearing do i need any forms or things or is it okay as long as i know my grades and details?
What do I do if I get more than two offers and conditions are met for both
Original post by Shaky2017
Hi i know this is an old thread but im away on results day if i go into clearing do i need any forms or things or is it okay as long as i know my grades and details?

If you've got wifi and phone credit then you should be ok. Make sure you've got numbers for your school in case you need to talk to them about remarks.
Original post by TeddyBear86

What do you mean? Getting more than 2 offers in clearing? If so then you pick your favourite and add that one on Track.
If you're talking about during your normal application then you only pick one firm choice - that university is the on you go to if you meet the offer (or miss the offer and they decide to accept you anyway).
If I miss my offers, can I apply through clearing to a uni that gave me an offer but I didn't put as my firm/insurance? Will that affect my application?
Reply 309
Original post by smithcharlotte01
If I miss my offers, can I apply through clearing to a uni that gave me an offer but I didn't put as my firm/insurance? Will that affect my application?

Yes you can, and it won't affect your application whatsoever :smile:
@Airmed
Hi. If I did or didn't get into my firm/insurance to study Law would I need to reject my place before I can just call up other unis to ask if they would offer me a place to study Accounting?
Sorry I am not in clearing

Sorry I am not in clearing

Is this for undergraduate university courses in the UK currently, or are asking about applying for 2019?

You need to provide more information so we can help you....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 313
Original post by Rezwan_
@Airmed
Hi. If I did or didn't get into my firm/insurance to study Law would I need to reject my place before I can just call up other unis to ask if they would offer me a place to study Accounting?

Depends on the uni. Some are happy to talk to you if you are holding an offer. Some insist that you be in clearing/adjustment
I have two offers for two different but they offering. 1st year only however I have spoken to others and they have said I can go 2nd / third year asi have already completed 240 credits. But the reason why I am rejecting the two is because of my maths. UEL have said they don’t care that I don’t have grade c maths and English.
, however two crappier colleges have said they want it. That’s the problem. So I want to take the offer for UEL,
Is this possible as direct entry and not through UCAS
I have two offers for two different but they offering. 1st year only however I have spoken to others and they have said I can go 2nd / third year asi have already completed 240 credits. But the reason why I am rejecting the two is because of my maths. UEL have said they don’t care that I don’t have grade c maths and English.
, however two crappier colleges have said they want it. That’s the problem. So I want to take the offer for UEL,
Is this possible as direct entry and not through UCAS

You have to speak to UEL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Airmed
Depends on the uni. Some are happy to talk to you if you are holding an offer. Some insist that you be in clearing/adjustment

Alright. Thank you.
Reply 317

FRESH THREAD FOR 2018 RESULTS DAY, PLEASE GO THERE IF YOU WANT HELP!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5514194&p=79189686#post79189686
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending