The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Being an Ambassador: What are the Benefits?

University life has a lot to offer students, and in no way is this limited to education and the Students’ Union. Several universities, like Swansea University offer their students the opportunity to develop skills that complement their higher education. One such opportunity is being a Student Ambassador. This is open to ALL students undergrads, grads & international. Keep reading to find out the amazing benefits of joining the Ambassador Scheme!

Flexible Work Hours - Your first commitment is to your degree; therefore, you want a part time job that pays fair wages and has flexible working hours. As a current student ambassador, I choose my own workdays and shifts such as working stalls or registration on Open Days. Another example is working full time or 40 hrs/week during university holidays like the Clearing Helpline during summer holidays.

Networking - Swansea University partners with a wide range of companies and institutions. Being an ambassador means I can attend events and network with future employers without having to seek and organise my own opportunities. The ambassador scheme continuously advertises events by the Swansea Employability Academy that support skills sessions and job searches.

CV Building - Working as an ambassador, you can develop transferable skills such as communication, teamwork & organisation. On top of that, certain part-time opportunities like Digital Content Creation develop and nurture IT and marketing skills. The work you do not only helps earn some extra cash, but also enhances your CV for future employers.

Outreach and Socialize - As an ambassador we represent Swansea University to a wider audience. Outreach programmes at local schools (Reaching Wider), participation in leadership discussions with the university’s departments and the Student Ambassador Summer Social are few of the things you can get involved in.

To sum up - there are only positives about becoming an ambassador and I highly encourage current and prospective students to apply in their 2nd years! Find out more here.
https://www.swansea.ac.uk/

Ruchika Yadav - Swansea Student Ambassador 3rd Year Graduate Entry Medicine
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest