The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Um, I guess things like Cosmo and celeb mags like Heat, OK etc.
I like "VSD" and "Gala".

I think that it's a little like "cosmo" or "ok" but i don't know really... :rolleyes:
Reply 3
city_chic
Um, I guess things like Cosmo and celeb mags like Heat, OK etc.

My ex used to read 'Voici', which is basically their version of Heat. Ah yes, even the French read garbage.

They call them la publication or la presse people.

I think 'Entrevue' is like 'Nuts' iirc.
Reply 4
Ok, I'll check those out :smile:
You can also get French Cosmo, French Glamour, Elle etc :smile: 20 Ans is quite good, Bien Dans Ma Vie, Biba, are all good, and I usually buy a couple of them whenever I'm over there.
Reply 6
^ Thanks :smile:

Where would I be able to order and subscribe to any of these does anyone know?
city_chic

Hmm Internet I guess.
Reply 8
Paris Match?
Reply 9
city_chic

Ask your newsagents. My newsagent used to get in 'Le Monde' for me every thursday. Just give them the name of the magazine you want, and they should be able to get it in for you:smile: Alternatively, you could just get it through the magazines' websites, and subscribe there. They normally have special offers if you want to subscribe for a year and stuff like that:smile:
Reply 10
^ Oh I see, thanks :smile: What type of mag is 'Le Monde?'
Reply 11
city_chic
^ Oh I see, thanks :smile: What type of mag is 'Le Monde?'

It's a newspaper. :smile: www.lemonde.fr
Reply 12
Titaniyum
It's a newspaper. :smile: www.lemonde.fr

:p: Haha, yeah, it's a newspaper:p:

Sorry if I confused you:redface:
Reply 13
Lol ok, no prob :wink:
Reply 14
I like le monde. Through our school, we also got 'chez nous' and 'authentik' which I thought were too simple for A level, but our school made us subscribe to them, so you might want to take a look at those. I would stick to the mainstream ones tho.
Reply 15
If you are ever on the trains in France, you can pick up copies of vingt minutes. Its completely free.
Reply 16
That is also very good, good for short news stories etc. It was in our hotel. Also, when you go on the metros, they have free papers there.
Paris Match, Gala, Voici and VSD are pretty similar, although I personally think Match and VSD are better. They're very generalist and not too trashy; you'll find lots of reviews, a big piece about the person on the cover (quite often politicians or people who've been famous for ages), other people interviews and some other stuff too.

Entrevue and Choc must be more like british tabloids, although I think they're monthly. Another trashy magazine is Detective (weekly), it's all about gore murder stories.

Concerning women's magazine, we have Elle, Glamour and Cosmo like everywhere else; Biba and Isa are for posh 30-stg-year-olds, and Marie-France is for older women.

An interesting news magazine is Courrier International (weekly), it's made of articles from the most important newspapers of the world, all translated in French.

And yeah, 20 minutes is very well made!

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending