I'm doing my A-levels but I'm looking to do a course in Biomedical Science because I prefer the research aspect of medicine, however depending on how I feel after the course I might consider taking Medicine or I might just get into a lab-based job. I heard that there is some patient contact in NHS based jobs and I don't mind that at all. I just have a few questions regarding Biomedical Science jobs in and out of the NHS:
1) How difficult was it to find a lab job outside of the NHS?
2) How does one go about getting a lab job outside of the NHS?
3) For people who took a work/industrial placement year, how was your experience?
4) What is life like working in a hospital/company lab?
5) Is Biomedical Science a secure job?
6) For those who took a post-graduate degree into medicine, how did you go about finding funding for the degree?
7) Can you become a clinical scientist with a biomedical science degree?
8) In terms of pay, if you can become a clinical scientist after being a biomedical scientist, is it better to stay as a biomedical scientist and work towards becoming a consultant or is it better to become a clinical scientist?
Feel free to share any advice too ^^
Questions about jobs involving Biomedical Science (Laboratories and Medicine)
|TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >>||17-10-2016|